One Acre Fund IT Associate Job in Bungoma, Kenya
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
This role would require strong critical thinking skills, a willingness to patiently communicate internally with directors and department managers as well as external vendors to help solve problems.
Primary Duties of an IT Associate
- Troubleshooting hardware and software solutions
- Performing PC Upgrade
- Cleaning viruses
- Hardware and software installations and upgrades
- Performing preventive maintenance on the organization PCs
- Performing repairs for PCs and peripherals
- Configuring and troubleshooting Internet connectivity.
- Installing required software patches
- Diagnosing and correcting networked devises problems
- Setting up and configuring Outlook mails
- Facilitating sharing of files & performing backups
- Management of the OAF LAN and WAN and wireless devises
- Assist guest connect to wireless devises & solve IT problems
- Installing/configuring OAF database programs MySQL and Ms. Access.
- Liaison between the I.T Team leader and the OAF users
- Must have a minimum of a college Diploma in ICT studies, specialization in computer support disciplines is a plus.
- Clear Oral and written communication skills is a must have.
- Demonstrated use of Linux Operating systems specifically Ubuntu distribution is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, willing to work long hours during busy season
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Strong math skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem-solving
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- High quality work with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact to work in a team Environment
- A willingness to commit to living in Western Province
- Language: Fluent in Kiswahili and English Required.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to [email protected] (Subject line: IT Associate + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.