One Acre Fund Artificial Insemination Technician Job in Kakamega, Kenya
Organization Description: One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Contract Details: Two year contract subject to renewal depending on performance
Job Description: We are looking for an extremely organised, passionate and capable individual to help expand our Dairy Cow Care and Breeding Program as One Acre Fund grows. They would be responsible for providing Artificial Insemination services to farmers who have purchased the Dairy Cow Care and Breeding package.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 2+ years experience conducting Artificial Inseminations
- Animal Health Assistance Certificate (provide at interview)
- Registered Veterinary Surgeon (provide at interview)
- Artificial Insemination Training Certificate (provide at interview)
- Registered AI technician with the Kenya Veterinary Board (provide at interview)
- Strong References from previous clients (provide at interview)
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong ability to work within deadlines and long hours in the field
- Ability to multitask and prioritise – You will be visiting several farmers per day and must be able to complete them in order of priority
- Attention to detail – One Acre Fund has exceptionally high standards and all visits must be completed to a high level of detail
- Excellent communication and high level of professionalism
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Kakamega, Western Kenya
- Heat Detection
- Correct AI technique
- Pelvic examination to determine semen/breed suitability
- Pregnancy Diagnostic Test
- Correct Reporting Procedure to DVS
- Ability to communicate effectively to farmers
- Universal pistolette
- Plastic sheaths
- Arm length gloves
- Pair of scissors
- Thaw monitor (or thermometer)
- Thermos flasks
- Ability to work long hours – All One Acre Fund employees are passionate about what they do.
- We are a professional organisation and our employees often work outside regular hours in order to achieve fantastic results
- Good reporting and communication skills (both formal and informal)
- Deliver timely, high quality Artificial Insemination Services to One Acre Fund farmers
- Ensuring project deliverables are executed on schedule and to a high level of quality
- Spending significant amounts of time in the field quality checking project activities
- Sending through high quality updates and reports on time
Timeline: This position requires someone who can start immediately.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package will be offered. One Acre Fund will monitor your Artificial Insemination success rate and high performers will be eligible for performance bonuses.
Benefits: A transport and airtime allowance will be paid monthly.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer