Old Mutual Senior Trader Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 10, 2014
Exciting Career Opportunity
Old Mutual Plc. is a leading multinational long-term savings, protection and investment Group with over 168 years of experience. It has operations in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Old Mutual plc. is listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Old Mutual Kenya comprises of Old Mutual Life Assurance, Old Mutual Asset Managers, Old Mutual Investment Services and Old Mutual Securities Limited.
Reporting to the Head of Stock Brokerage, this is a key business growth position focusing on both trading and business development.
The Key roles for this position are: -
This position’s focus is to achieve the set business targets.
The main responsibilities include: -
- Identify, develop and cultivate new client relationships with institutional investors.
- Manage current institutional client relationships by frequently calling and visiting clients
- Provide written updates on the business, sales, leads, etc
- Sourcing of block trades from and for institutional clients
- Monitor market information and stock price movements and provide viable solutions to client needs
- Efficiently troubleshoot issues with the trading unit and be proactive in their resolution
- Communicate all relevant and critical information to management in a timely manner
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience
This is a key role within Old Mutual Securities and hence looking for a strategic and astute implementer with the following specifications: -
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, actuarial science, computer science or equivalent
- 5 years’ relevant industry experience within equity sales & trading preferred.
- Possess thorough knowledge of financial markets, equity operations, trading strategies, settlements, etc.
- Proven ability to make real time trading decisions weighing complex circumstances under considerable time pressure
- Has an established and strong book of business with solid buy-side relationships
- Self-motivated, disciplined, assertive and able to work independently in a fast paced, competitive environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Must possess the highest level of integrity, strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- A team player able to work cohesively with management, customers and staff
- Proficient computer skills using electronic trading systems platforms and Microsoft Office
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should submit their applications enclosing a detailed CV to [email protected] by close of business the 11th February 2014.
Quote the role on the e-mail subject line.