OGRA Foundation Nurse Job in Ndhiwa, Homabay County
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 13, 2014
Background: OGRA Foundation is a tax-exempt Kenyan Non-governmental Organization founded in 2000 as a youth development group.
In 2005 it was elevated to a full-fledged NGO to enable it expand its reach within Nyanza Province.
Today it is one of Western Kenya’s leading Medical emergency and relief Organization active in 2 counties, namely Kisumu and Homa-bay.
Nurse at Osani Community Health Centre
This is a full time position and is based in Ndhiwa, Homabay County.
Overall Job Function: The role of the Nurse is to ensure nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients
- Regulates and monitors patient flow and progress by preparing clients for examination, setting up examination rooms, and assisting other health care providers with procedures.
- Administering drugs and dressings to patients.
- Assess vital signs, administers injections and performs minor procedures on patients.
- Recording patients’ details in the patients register.
- Ensure that examination and post-clinic rooms or other areas are cleaned to maintain a safe, therapeutic, and hygienic environment;
- Ensure adequate supplies are available and that equipment is in working order.
- Diploma in Registered Nursing from a recognized institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have at least one year’s experience in a busy health facility.
- Knowledge on HIV/AIDS care and treatment added advantage.
- Must be pleasant, have good communication skills and willing to work in challenging environments and under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in records management.
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications detailing current and expected salary and a CV with contact details of three referees to the:
Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 3050-40100
Kisumu (clearly marking the application with position applied for.)
Applications can also be emailed to [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject line by 10th Feb 2014 latest 12 noon.
Canvassing by applicant is strongly discouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OGRA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.