IT Officer Employment Opportunity
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 5, 2014
Saman Associates is currently in the process of recruiting an IT Officer for one of its clients.
The core responsibility for this role is to oversee effective installation / configuration, operation, support and maintenance of systems hardware, software, related infrastructure and procedures in line with the ERP systems.
- Responsible for installation/rebuilding of new or existing servers and configuration of hardware, software, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements;
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures manuals containing the steps followed, standards and controls to be observed;
- Evaluating user needs and system functionality, researching and recommending innovative automated approaches that leverage the company’s resources and provide efficiency and effectiveness in operations;
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks;
- Prepare the schedule for security backups of data to ensure that all required system data is successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary;
- Schedule and perform security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions and where necessary take necessary action;
- Review the secretariat website, monitor communications from the public’s as well as update the website content on demand;
- Ensure the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Ensure compliance to all software licensing laws.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:-
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- Systems Administration/System Engineer Certification;
- Technology savvy individual with over three (3) year’s system administration experience;
- Experience in network administration;
- Experience in hardware and software practicum;
- Experience with information security;
- Experience working on all computer applications;
- Experience in website development and maintenance;
- Extremely adaptable and flexible;
- Team oriented, self-motivated and result driven;
- Strong communication skills.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted