Octopus ICT Instructional Designer Job in Kenya
Octopus ICT Solutions Ltd (OIS) is an Information Communication Technology (ICT) company.
OIS seeks energetic and creative individuals with an interest in e-learning and instructional design to support the e-Learning department. OIS offers a dynamic, creative, and progressive work environment.
Required skill sets:
- Bachelor’s degree Education, Instructional Design, Communications, IT or related field. A solid understanding of Web technologies is preferred.
- Have good knowledge of Instructional Design and Storyboarding. This includes ability to:
- Research, analyze, design, develop and customize instructional materials.
- Work with different types of input material to create instructional content.
- Apply various Instructional strategies, models and theories to content.
- Design & use templates in developing instructional materials.
- Transform raw content into appealing visual/graphical format.
- Have knowledge of industry standards, such as AICC, SCORM.
- Multi-faceted production experience in a distance education, or training environment, including proven experience in designing and developing courses using HTML5/ HTML, Flash, Articulate, Adobe eLearning Suite and/or any other platform.
- Familiarity with multiple Learning Management Systems (LMS), particularly Moodle & eFront.
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts and adult learners to develop content.
- Be able to work with Account Managers and/or Marketing team to analyze project requirement with the clients and suggest solutions.
- Be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrate effective spoken and written English and excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Provide instructional design feedback on online modules which are being developed by vendors or volunteers in order to create compelling online learning experiences (this entails using adult learning techniques).
- Monitor courses currently available through OIS’s online platform to collect feedback and refine material and approaches if necessary.
- Applicants with advanced knowledge of HTML5/HTML/CSS/PHP will have an added advantage.
- Ability to write, edit and proofread own work.
- Keep current with instructional technology through self-motivated and self-directed professional development.
To apply, send a detailed CV and cover letter with the words “Instructional Designer” on the email subject line to [email protected]