Nuru International Operations Manager Job in Kenya
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Help the Agriculture District & Program Manager accomplish the goals of Nuru Kenya and the agriculture program in a sustainable and scalable way
- Manage the logistics of the agriculture program including transportation and office expenses and input distribution
- Liaise between field and office staff to ensure effective data and loan management; resolve inconsistencies as they arise
- Manage office staff including data entry clerks and logistics manager
- Manage the Agriculture program budget, ensure efficient use of resources and keep orderly records of all expenses
- Liaise with the human resources department and follow-up on human resource issues within the department
- Help to develop creative solutions for office or management challenges
- Assist in weekly planning and coordination of program activities such as field manager meetings
- Occasionally conduct fieldwork and assist with field operations as required
- Work with the Social Enterprises department to source high-quality inputs (fertilizer, seed, vines etc) in a cost-effective manner.
- Help develop efficient distribution mechanisms and schedules for agricultural inputs.
- Kenyan citizen or the ability to work in Kenya
- University degree in agriculture, project management, or related area
- 1-2 years of project management experience
- Possess intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, internet, email); advanced level skills preferred
- Experience managing a database and analyzing data; ability to make data driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large budget
- Knowledge of human resource processes
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Speak fluent English (mandatory) and Kiswahili (mandatory)
- Commitment to ending extreme poverty in rural areas of Kuria, Kenya
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must currently live in Kuria West District, or be willing to relocate for this position.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining their qualifications, experience and motivations (in English) to [email protected] by January 24, 2014
About Nuru Kenya
Nuru Kenya is different from most other NGOs. Our organization has a holistic approach whereby all our programs work together for a common goal of ending extreme poverty in our community in a sustainable and scalable way.
Read more at: www.nuruinternational.org