Nuru International Kenya – Procurement Jobs
Procurement Officer Job at Nuru International
About the Organization:Nuru International Kenya is an NGO committed to ending extreme poverty in remote,rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, personal finance, healthcare, and education.
Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty.
Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
Nuru’s vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty have the choice to determine their future. See www.nuruinternational.org.
About the Position:
The Procurement officer will report to the Finance and Administration Manager. These responsibilities will largely revolve around the day-to-day management of procurement activities of Nuru Kenya.
The work will entails sourcing of all organization supplies, Negotiation with suppliers and other service providers and making sure Nuru gets the best service at the minimum costs as possible.
- Managing the procurement department.
- Sourcing for all the Nuru supplies requirement
- Ensuring that the organization keep a verifiable list of all the providers of different services to the organization.
- Making sure Nuru get the value of all the services paid for.
- Negotiating with the service providers on the best prices to offer.
- Supervising a team of two personnel in that department.
- Working with other departments and making sure their supplies requirement are met without delay.
- Making sure proper procurement records are kept and are made available for inspection from time to time.
- Management and tracking of office supplies and making sure program billings are properly done for the centralized services.
- Custodian of all office supplies and ensuring that proper issuing record are maintained.
- Any other procurement duty that may be assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager
- Passion for Nuru International Kenya’s mission and model
- At least 2+ years of work experience in procurement, preferably within an NGO
- Minimum of a Diploma in supplies Management or procurement studies.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of the Kenya contact laws.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Literacy and fluency in English and Ki-Swahili required; fluency in Ki-kurian preferred but notrequired.
Isibania, Kuria West District
Salary commensurate with experience.