Nuru International Job in Isibania, Migori County, Kenya
Nuru International Impact Programmes Manager Job in in Isibania, Migori County, Kenya
Nuru International Kenya
Nuru International , The Impact Programmes Manager (IPM) supervises all of the development programmes that Nuru Kenya implements – what we term our impact programmes. These include activities in the agriculture, economic development (savings and loans), healthcare, education and social marketing sectors.
- Management: Directly supervises up to six full time employees (and others as needed/assigned); carries out responsibilities in accordance with office policy and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Strategic: Directly responsible for overseeing the continuous improvement of each Impact Programme, as well as to ensuring an increasing realization of efficiencies through our holistic approach to rural development. Manages the impact programmes towards strategic goals and milestones, and sits with the Strategic Leadership Team to advise on large, organizational decisions. The effectiveness and efficiency of the impact programmes is the IPM’s primary responsibility.
- Collaboratively sets and oversees departmental goals, milestones, etc. with each impact programme.
- Collaboratively sets and oversees the administration of all impact programme policies and procedures and has oversight responsibility for all personnel matters including hiring, salary, and disciplinary decisions in consultation with HR Manager.
- Conducts regular staff meetings. Provides consistent guidance and feedback for all supervised employees.
- Becomes Nuru Kenya’s Impact Programmes expert, acquiring detailed knowledge about all sectors of NK’s interventions.
- Approves strategies and work plan changes as needed. Advises and sets goals for programmes as necessary to meet strategic targets.
- Acts as the Impact Programme’s principal liaison with Senior Nuru Kenya and Nuru International management.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all staff and endeavors to build a servant leadership culture on the team.
- Plans and manages stakeholder / funder visits, tours, sessions, etc.
- Oversees the Impact Programmes’ respective budgets, supporting departmental managers in budget management.
- Assists each programme as needed in busy times, or in addressing any crises.
- Accepts performance-based criticism and direction.
- Works well under pressure and handles stress.
- Meets attendance requirements as established by supervisor.
- Works a flexible schedule including long hours, evenings and weekends as needed in busy seasons.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in project management in at least 2 of the relevant sectors, 3+ preferred (Education, Agriculture, Microfinance/Economic Development, and Healthcare). [Candidates with exceptionally strong experience in only one sector, along with exceptionally strong management credentials evidenced elsewhere, may be considered in lieu of this requirement.]
- Experience managing an annual budget of at least 200,000 USD.
- Ability to perform essential job functions above.
- Thorough knowledge of project planning, budgeting, financial management and HR processes and procedures as practiced in the NGO sector.
- An understanding of the theories of development and its various approaches.
- A demonstrated commitment to servant leadership and a service-focused career.
- Provides necessary organization, supervisory leadership, and motivation to manage an efficient, holistic development approach.
- Ability to build and maintain a good working relationship with the Board, Nuru Kenya staff, Nuru International staff, and stakeholders (including community and government).
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others.
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner. Ability to communicate clearly across cultures necessary.
- Ability to creatively problem solve in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – both English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in commonly used IT/ office computer applications, such as MS Office, email (Gmail), google calendar, Skype, etc.