NUANCE General Manager (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
General Manager (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport)
As a leading travel retailer, NUANCE operates over 300 outlets spanning 64 locations in 19 countries and territories across the globe.
In addition to an extensive portfolio of duty and tax-free stores, brand boutiques and concept stores, the Group also provides in-flight services and operates a wholesale and distribution business, supporting the travel retail sector.
NUANCE is seeking to recruit a General Manager whose main role will be to develop and lead an efficient retail organisation according to the needs of the company market and customer.
Achieve defined objectives and EBIT budget. Build up and manage relationships with key business contacts.
Identify new commercial opportunities to grow existing business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Entrepreneurial: understand the commercial implications and provide a business-oriented organizational structure; develop and maintain relationships with all key contacts; identify new market opportunities and contribute in new ideas and concepts to increase business success.
- Leadership: provide directions; transmit and assure Group values; coach, motivate and form staff through the organization; act to reduce uncertainty in the work environment; information-management and regular appraisals; responsibility for staff engagements and dismissals.
- Operational: define with the Board of Directors business objectives and apply the appropriate actions; guarantee an optimal business and customers oriented environment; set up and plan the organization and resources to achieve objectives.
- Finances: budget planning; realization of the budgeted targets and observance of the budgeted operational costs; supervision and analysis of the financial issues, interpretation of the data; acting to reduce unnecessary charges.
- Merchandise: control assortment, margins, marketing support and goods presentation; supervise the availability of goods and stock rotation; assist the Buying Director in negotiations with suppliers to achieve commercial success.
- Management at local level; verification that all legal aspects and security obligations are respected.
Education / further education (Apprenticeship, University, other, etc):
- Business Administration degree or equivalent
- Specialised training in Retail Management is an added advantage
Expert know-how (product, industry, process etc.):
- Sales & Merchandising
- Business Financial requirements
- Customs and Tax proceedings
- Extensive SAP knowledge, IT knowledge
- Financial Planning & Budget knowledge
- Local Labour legislation
- Experience in Travel Retail Business
Personal specification (soft skills):
- Strong management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Detailed and process focused
- Delivering results (Planning and executing for success)
- Leading change (Initiating and directing transitions)
- Creating a compelling vision (Determining a winning direction)
- Communicating with impact (Inspiring and influencing with emotional awareness)
- Fostering teamwork (Collaborating to build effective relationships)
- Facilitating development (Nurturing the growth of self and others)
- Leading from within (Being yourself and taking a lead in your own life)
- Agile thinking (Engaging different thinking modes)
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the position’s responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts and quoting the reference number (Ref.: NUANCE/JKIA/01/13) as the email header.
To be considered, your application via email must be received by 13 December, 2013 addressed to: