NGO Livelihoods Advisor Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 26, 2014
Our Client, a donor funded organization is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Livelihoods Advisor
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to Somalia
Job Summary: The Livelihoods Advisor will lead a regional multi – disciplinary team implementing interventions that improve the social determinants of health and improve the livelihoods of the marginalized, poor and underserved populations.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in community development, agriculture, and/or related fields.
- At least 5 years of field experience implementing livelihood or economic development programs in Kenya and/or Somali required, preferably in hardship areas.
- At least 3 years, recent management-level work experience in a Donor -funded economic strengthening, livelihoods or food security programs.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, particularly engaging them in economic strengthening interventions.
- Previous experience working with and building capacity of community-based organizations
- Knowledge in data analysis is a requirement
- Strong written/verbal English communication skills; written and verbal.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter, resume, and three references by e-mail addressed to:
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Stating the position being applied for on the subject line
The deadline for applications is 26th January 2014.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.