NGO Jobs in Kenya 2011: Admin Vacancies
NGO Jobs in Kenya 2011 – Admin Vacancies
VSF-BELGIUM is a recognized developmental International NGO founded in 1995 working with disadvantaged communities to increase their standards of living, improve food security and livelihood sustainability through improved animal health and animal production. In East Africa, our programmes focus on community based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management.
Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Duty Station: Garissa, Kenya
Duration: 9 months ( renewable)
Deadline For Application
28th February 2011
The Administrative Assistant will provide general management support to VSF Belgium Garissa team for effective and efficient functioning of the office. The Administrative Assistant will be an interface between VSF-Belgium and its clients and partners. He/she reports directly to the Project Accountant
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in the induction process and prepare orientation materials for new staff
* Management of personnel files and leave schedule control.
* Office Housekeeping, repairs and maintenance of the office.
* Process, review of incoming/outgoing correspondence and maintaining a follow up system
* Typing reports and taking minutes
* Ordering, monitoring and maintaining stationery and office supplies.
* Follow up and ensure office utility bills (e.g. Telephone, electricity, security etc) are paid on time
* Liaising with the Assistant Project Manager on project plans and passing all necessary information to the Assistant Project Manager and to the public as may be required.
* Facilitate arrangements for meetings, conferences, trainings etc
* Managing office equipment i.e. Fax, Photocopy machine, PABX, Scanner etc
* Operating the switchboard and managing the reception
* Drafting office correspondences
* Store keeping and assets registration.
* Prepare payment booking forms
* To ensure that VSF – Belgium reports are electronically filed and backup stored in secure place.
* Management of petty cash using the VSF-B cash management provided procedures
* Supporting in basic bank transactions and reconciliation
* Preparation of booking forms for casuals workers, supplies etc.
* Any other duties requested by the supervisor
Essential or MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Diploma in Business Administration or relevant administration qualification.
Knowledge and experience
* Experience in front office management
* Minimum of 3 years experience in a busy administration office
* Any knowledge of accounting systems or packages
* Working experience with an NGO or private sector will be an added advantage
* Competent in use of Microsoft applications especially Excel and Word
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Good writing skills
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadline
* Ability to work independently.
* Team Player
* Proactive and takes initiative
* Respect when dealing with others
* Presentable, outgoing with a pleasant character
* Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of VSF-Belgium
* Display of intercultural sensitivity.
Please send your application letter, CV and list of 3 references (one must be your current employer) by e-mail (reference “Admin. Assistant Garissa”) on or before 28th February 2011 to [email protected]
This vacancy is open to Kenyan male and female candidates.
Applications from qualified women candidates are encouraged. Internal candidates will be given preference. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more information: www.vsf-belgium.org.