National Sales Manager (Rwanda / Burundi) Job in Kigali
Summary: Our client is a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs.
Job Objective: As a member of a dynamic sales team, the National Sales Manager will thrive on the opportunity to develop and manage key Country operational sales and marketing strategies, proactively develop and maintain new business through existing relationships and prospecting efforts to develop the turnover and market share in a competitive environment.
- To forecast, plan, implement and monitor sales activities within the countries
- Manage and develop the sales team through the setting of goals and objectives, monitoring their performance and creating new business ideas and sales techniques for the sales team to help drive the business forward
- Provide input and develop sales strategies for growing market share, improving profitability and productivity
- Develop business with existing/new customers and new markets to grow market share and value for our products
- Provide regular reports to the GM on sales performance, customer and competitor’s activities and market trends
- To develop and operationalise within the framework of applicable regulations a team of Network managers, sales reps and lead customers.
- Anticipate market opportunities to be developed, predict threats to the business and institute corrective measures
- Lead the sales force in such a way as to operationally respond to the company’s environment changes (segmentation, sectoral action plans), prepare and present marketing business plan (strategy) per product on an annual basis
- Elaborate and implement motivation elements (bonuses, incentives, training actions, potentials development and reinforcement) necessary to the maintaining of synergies and cohesion.
- Assess, maintain and develop market knowledge related to sales techniques, the company’s products and their environment
- Assess and elaborate relevance of territorial policy and action plans and assess their impact on sales representatives performance and assist District Managers, Key Account Manager, and Lead Customers in the preparation, coordination and follow up of internal procedure in the respect of ethical values
- Coordinate, supervise, coach, motivate and unite teams
- Assess, manage and develop District Managers, Key Account Manager, Sales Representatives and lead customers competence and identify training needs for capacity building
- Develop professional relationships and lobbying with the country opinion leaders
- Optimise country administrative and financial management by proposing and negotiating resource allocation (human and financial resources) and country activity management (targeting, visit frequency planning, choice of PRs) through optimal use of the ETMS tool
- Interpret and use scientific and economic data (economic data and indicators, product, financial and other operating accounts). Develop and ensure efficient use of the various information sources and tools used by the District Managers, the Key Accounts Manager and sales reps
- Maintain excellent working relationships with other managers and staff to support business development
- BSC Degree/B Pharmacy Degree
- Marketing diploma or related tertiary qualification
- At least 5 years of product sales management experience in creating revenue generation through effective market penetration
- Successful track record in managing a group of people regionally or nationally.
- In- depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and its Marketing strategies
- Highly motivated, energetic and results oriented leader with excellent communication skills, proven sales acumen and a customer oriented attitude.
- Extended knowledge of the Company’s Products
- Knowledge of competitors
- Creative ability
- Sales representative experience in the pharmaceutical market
- Knowledge of the socio- economic environment
- Knowledge of the drugs regulation
- Willing and able to travel extensively
- Computer skills must include working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Effective forecasting, budgeting skills
- Top negotiating skills
- Setting ambitious objectives while knowing how to take risks
- Developing skills, training and enabling learning on the job
- Acknowledging the right to experiment and make mistakes
- Developing innovative solutions and ways of doing things
- Making decisions & driving necessary changes for performance
- Knowing how to deal with conflict
- Guaranteeing performance in the short, medium and long term, while respecting values
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address