Logo Design Competition
The National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) is a State Corporation established under the Industrial Training (Amendment) Act No.34 of 2011.
The mandate of the Authority is to promote the highest standards in the quality and efficiency of Industrial Training in Kenya and ensure adequate supply of properly trained manpower at all levels in industry.
To enhance industrial training, the Authority assesses and collects industrial training levy fees, regulates trainers registered under Section 7C of the Act, and develops industrial training currucula.
In addition, it seeks to integrate labour market information into skills development, harmonizes curricula and certificates of competence, assesses industrial training and tests occupational skills and awards certificates including Government Trade Test Certificates.
In the same vein NITA equates certificates, accredits institutions engaged in skills training for industry, and collaborates with other organizations within or outside Kenya relevant to its functions.
The Authority wishes to develop a logo that will symbolise its mission and functions and hereby invites creative Kenyan designers (individuals or firms) to participate in the competition for the creation of its official logo that will uniquely and clearly reflect its mandate.
Entrants will also be required to develop and a tagline [slogan] to support the logo.
The following are the guidelines, rules and regulations for the competition:
1. The design should be in navy blue and light grey colours and in high resolution. The designer may however include a third colour to complement the two stated above. It should be submitted in 2 hard copies of A4 size paper and soft copy in portable document format (PDF).
2. The logo must be clear and distinctly identifiable for effective application.
3. Entrants in the competition should provide their names, postal address, e-mail address and day time telephone numbers.
4. The design shall be accompanied by a written description of its meaning and features.
5. The design of either the winning entry or any other submission may be subject to necessary modification and be used in designing the NITA’s logo.
6. The Authority shall reserve the right to register the winning logo as its copyright.
7. Any material, graphic software or other items prepared by an entrant in the competition shall belong to and remain the property of NITA.
8. The judges’ decision shall be final and will not be open to any correspondence or appeal whatsoever.
The Authority, through a committee, will select the winning logos which will be awarded in order of merit as follows:-
1. First position Kshs. 200,000.00
2. Second position Kshs. 100,000.00
3. Third position Kshs. 50,000.00
Interested eligible designers may obtain further information from the office of the Ag. Director General, National Industrial Training Authority, situated at Commercial Street- Industrial Area, Nairobi during normal working hours or by visiting the NITA websitewww.nita.go.ke
The designed logo (hard and soft copy) as well as detailed information to be submitted in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked “Logo Design Competition for National Industrial Training Authority” should be addressed to:-
National Industrial Training Authority
Commercial Street, Indusrtial Area
P.O. Box 74494-00200
Or be placed in the Tender Box on First Floor of the Main Administration Block, National Industrial Training Authority, Commercial Street, Nairobi, or sent by post so as to reach the above address not later than 30th January 2014, at 10.00 am.
Submissions will be opened publicly in the Board Room located on Second Floor, Main Administration Block, National Industrial Training Authority, Commercial Street, Nairobi soon after the above stated closing date and time in the presence of the competitors or their representative who choose to attend.
Late submissions will be returned unopened.