National Bank Job in Kenya – Chief Risk Officer
National Bank Chief Risk Officer Job in Kenya
National Bank of Kenya, one of the leading banks with a vision to becoming the Bank of choice in the provision of financial services within the region has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced, self driven, result oriented professional to fill the position of Chief Risk Officer.
- Own, manage and control Credit Risk in the bank that may be originated by Corporate, SME, Islamic and Retail Banking Businesses Divisions.
- Drive reviews on the Banks Credit, Operational and Market Risk policies and procedures.
- Recommend and implement improvements to ensure appropriate control environment for these risk exposures is established and maintained.
- Lead in the analysis and approvals of credit applications, and where required present the applications for Board Credit Committee approvals.
- Assist Senior Management and Board of Directors in understanding risk, its measurement and control methodology; and provide support to the Board in its oversight of risk through regular reports.
- Actively participate in Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO) of the Bank and provide critical input to help drive decision making on the optimal level of Risk Return trade-offs on transactions, products and business segments.
- Develop financial models and systems for predicting patterns and future trends, to pro-actively guide the Bank’s strategic direction. Conduct portfolio reviews and Stress Testing to manage potential risks.
- Develop and implement an appropriate (Enterprise Risk Management) ERM infrastructure by integrating risk management with the Bank’s strategic management process. Manage an on-going risk quantification, assessment, monitoring and reporting programs across the Bank.
- Manage risk profile mapping for new processes & procedures in compliance to Bank & Regulatory policies.
- Independent validation of the pricing models developed by the front office.
- Test procedures and communicate results to the business in a timely manner, and also document the testing procedures and results.
- Review new business and risk analysis in order to support internal decision making process.
- Lead the Credit Risk, Credit Administration and Credit Remedial teams.
- Maintain, develop and test the market risk system, which covers the VaR computation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related Business Field.
- Post graduate qualifications in Finance or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- 10 years’ experience in banking, 5 of which must have been in Senior Risk Management role in a significant size Commercial Bank in Kenya or African market
- Deep knowledge of Credit processes, Credit Risk Control procedures and Credit Administration functions.
- Project management experience or skills in streamlining processes and managing risks.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical and interpreting skills on exposures data, and analytical Problem Solving skills
- Ability to relate market/economy knowledge and events to business and transactions so as to discern and present risks that would impact the business
- Demonstrated ability to conduct reviews and development of policies and procedures and align them with best practices and CBK guidelines, IFRS, the Banking Act, Basel rules and other Statutes.
- Ability to handle pressure, conflicting priorities and manage constant changes.
P.O. Box 72866-002 00