Nation Media Group Job in Tanzania – Staff Writer
Nation Media Group Staff Writer Job in Tanzania
The Nation Media Group, the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media, seeks to recruit a Staff Writer for The East African – Tanzania Bureau.
- Cultivates sources, follows leads and gathers information to write analytical articles on the country’s economy, politics, development, culture, art and lifestyle, in line with the Nation Media Group’s editorial policy guidelines and objectives, the house style and the code of ethical journalism;
- Undertakes research to produce authoritative investigative reports;
- Generates ideas for Special Reports and liaises with the newspaper’s network of journalists to produce joint reports;
- Liaises with photographers and the Photo Editor for photographs to accompany the articles;
- Covers news events as assigned by the Bureau Chief.
- Ability to write analytical stories;
- Understanding of Tanzania’s economic and political landscape;
- University degree and training in journalism;
- Minimum of five years experience as a reporter/writer, preferably in Tanzania;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and cope with pressure and deadlines.