Job Ref: HR-ABP-08-2014
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit experienced and self-motivated individuals to the position of Area Business Partner in our Circulation and Distribution department.
- Achieving revenue and volume budgets;
- Managing Returns/ unsold copies within acceptable levels.
- Organising and driving the circulation operations through field sales visits to vendors and agents in order to maximize on opportunities for copy sales;
- Ensuring efficient management of the value chain;
- Reviewing previous day’s performance with the distributor and setting the day’s print order based on prevailing conditions like news stories, weather and economic situations;
- Resolving various distribution problems on the ground, identifying potential sales outlets and liaising with NCD for correct deliveries;
- Reviewing weekly payments with the distributor, collecting payment cheques on due dates and ensuring that the cheques reach the Circulation Accountant;
- Organising client relationship programmes in liaison with territory sales supervisor with the distributor, agents and vendors;
- Managing and coordinating the Sales and Distribution Assistants.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or a business related field;
- At least 2 years experience in FMCG environment;
- Analytical, self -driven and love to be measured on performance;
- Demonstrable passion for sales and marketing.
- Understanding of the dynamics and complexity of print sales and circulation;
- People management skills.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 11th September, 2014.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.