Nairobi Club Jobs – Vacancy in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: May 29, 2013
Nairobi Club Food & Beverage Manager, Head Chef and Head of Security Jobs in Kenya
Food & Beverage Manager
Nairobi Club is seeking to recruit a Food & Beverage Manager with ability to manage the Club’s Food & Beverage Operations for the benefit of members.
Reporting to the Club Secretary the Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for :
- Planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating and controlling the activities of the Food and Beverage Operations.
- Maintenance of consistent high standards of service and food quality. Monitoring member feedback on foodquality and overall service and responding to their concerns as appropriate and reporting the outcome to the Club Secretary.
- Ensuring appropriate controls and monitoring mechanisms are in place for the Food and Beveragedepartment and to ensure all food and beverage stocks and sales are accounted for, and the department operates profitably.
- Ensuring maintenance of hygiene in food and beverage production and service areas, and ensuring public health rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Carry out periodic training and appraisals for the food and beverage service staff.
This challenging and exciting position requires an individual with considerable food and beverage management experience with a proven track record of achievement and demonstrated leadership qualities.
Applicants ideally aged between 30-45 years should be graduates preferably with a Diploma in Hotel Management from Kenya Utalii College or a B. SC in Hospitality Management from a recognized university and with at least 5 years of food and beverage management experience.
Experience in Food and Beverage operations in a Club set-up will be an added advantage.Head Chef
The Head Chef is in overall charge of the kitchen for provision of quality food to the Members.
This is a Management position.
The ideal candidates must possess the following:
- Must have a Diploma in Food Production from a recognized hospitality training institution. A degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have had hands on experience as a Chef in a five star hotel/ institution or established private Members Club for a period of not less than three years.
- Knowledge of HACCP Concepts and awareness of the FTO code of conduct will be an advantage.
- Computer skills and use is essential.
- Must possess deep knowledge of menu planning and engineering.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of kitchen equipments – fixed and operating is crucial.
- Must have a sensitive palate and deep interest and enthusiasm about food.
- Must possess a sense of culinary creativity with wide knowledge of local, continental and international cuisine.
- Must be good planner, organizer and executor.
- Must be a team player, a trainer who is able to identify and nurture talents and new ideas from the F&B Department.
- Must be cost sensitive and aware of the cost control cycle.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with responsibilities of the job will be offeredHead of Security
The Head of Security is the leader of the security function for the Club.
This includes the responsibility for the overall Club security strategy, security architecture, development and oversight.
The scope of this role covers all utilized physical and access control to and from the Club for employees and visitors.
As a Head of Security the person will have the responsibility for all security policies and standards and roles, in order to provide high level security in the Club.
He /She will develop and implement security solutions dictated by the needs in the Club.
He/She will be a result oriented person who can achieve tangible improvements in the Club security arena.
He/She should be an excellent communicator and must have a proven security leadership and experience track record.
- Oversee and coordinate security functions related to the Club, by providing a safe and secure environment for the Club Members and employees.
- Identify security initiatives and standards.
- Control, regulate and keep records of entry and exit of all visitors, materials and vehicles in the Club.
- Safeguard all Club property and facilities.
- Ensure security is maintained at all times.
- Create workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
- Prioritize security initiatives in surveillance, emergency procedures, incidents responses and investigate security breaches.
- Develop security risk management assessments.
- Create a security policy, standards, guidelines, reporting mechanisms and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Patrolling the Club premises (buildings and grounds).
- Liaising with emergency services, police, ambulance and fire service to resolve issues and maintain security.
- Good observation skills
- Fully aware of arrest and restraint techniques
- Aware of health and safety issues.
- Dealing with people politely but authoritative manner
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office.
- Capability to monitor information feeds simultaneously from multiple sources.
- Having a professional approach to all routine tasks.
- Experience in monitoring and controlling security equipment.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Excellent time-managements skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written)at all levels and manage conflict resolutions.
- Experience at working in major events, crowd control and traffic control.
- Current certification in First Aid and resuscitation training
- A background in law enforcement will be an added advantage
- A Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or Security Management.
- Five years experience in police or security field or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Training in martial arts and/or combat practices will be an added advantage.
If your qualifications and experience meet the above criteria, please send an application and detailed CV indicating day contact telephone number, current remuneration and three referees by 14th June 2013 to:
The Club Secretary,
P. O. Box 30171- 00100,
or e-mail to [email protected]