Murang’a University College Deputy Principal (Administration, Finance, Planning and Development) Job in Kenya
The University College Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to provide leadership to the institution in the position Deputy Principal (Administration, Finance, Planning and Development).
The Deputy Principal (Administration, Finance, Planning and Development)
- Be a Professor or Associate Professor with at least eight (8) years experience in senior management (Dean, Director and above) position in a University;
- Be outstanding and internationally recognized scholar as evidenced by publications and referee journal (at least ten in the last five years) or university level book chapters and books.
- Demonstrate the ability to attract project grants/ awards;
- Have supervised Post graduate students
- Demonstrate competence in administrative and financial leadership;
- Have a good understanding of government financial and fiscal policies;
- Be computer literate;
- Applicants with an MBA will have an added advantage.
- Comply with Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Be responsible to the Principal and the Council.
- Provide leadership in administration, finance, Planning and development.
- Provide leadership and direction in the management of University College resources including human, physical, financial and information resources;
- Coordinate the preparation of Statutory financial statements and other management reports;
- Advice the Principal and the Management Board on financial status of the University College;
- Make proposals for development of policies on human resource, administrative, finance and development matters;
- Manage the budgeting process of the University College;
- Coordinate and oversee the procurement process;
- Oversee projects and prepare periodic status reports;
- Submit reports on implementation of procurement processes to the Principal;
- Conduct periodic review of academic and administration staff establishments and submit reports to the Principal;
- Periodically submit reports on the status of central services;
- Prepare and submit relevant and Statutory reports on the division to the Principal;
- Perform such other functions and responsibilities assigned by the Principal and University Council as may be necessary and in the interests of the University College as per its rules and regulations;
- Kenya Revenue authority
- Certificate of good conduct
Murang’a University College Council,
C/o Institute for Development Studies (IDS),
Gandhi Wing 5th Floor, Rm 511.
P.O Box 30197-00100