Our client is a reputable multi-national company focused on creating long term solutions to pressing infrastructure, power generation and telecommunication needs in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
Our Client is looking for an energetic, self-driven, intelligent and experienced General Manager reporting to Board of Directors
Job Purpose: Responsible for the coordination and management of all aspects of the company.
The General Manager’s key focus is the efficient management of the daily operations whilst introducing and implementing new policies and techniques in line with the Group’s long-term strategy.
- Designing and implementing controls and procedures that safeguard the company’s assets and improve efficiency.
- Defining and providing advice on long-term strategic plans, improvement and expansion projects for the business.
- Preparing and presenting annual budgets (capital and revenue) and operating plans for the Board.
- Undertaking the business planning and forecasting and taking corrective action to ensure alignment with the company strategy.
- Identifying, implementing and monitoring key performance indicators for the business and managers.
- Overseeing optimum day-to-day operations to achieve the operating budget and ensuring that various objectives are met.
- Streamlining operations to coordinate activities and align them to overall group standards.
- Proactively maintaining frequent contacts with major customers, suppliers, trade associations and Government agencies.
- Continuously evaluating the sector’s environment and consumer trends and advice on improved strategies to counter competition and other challenges and providing technical input to maintain market leadership and competitiveness.
- Analyzing market trends and competitive activity to ensure the company is in sync with market needs and manage the introduction of new and/or differentiated products.
- Overseeing sales, production planning and control including:
- Sales and distribution plans
- Customer service and deliveries
- Production plans
- Economic stock holding.
- Optimum machine utilization.
- Manpower planning.
- Cost center analysis.
- Timely debt collection.
- Implementing appropriate pricing policies determined by production, market trends and budget requirements.
- Managing operational efficiency and quality control including:
- Improving plant efficiency and downtime.
- Material wastage control.
- Finished product quality inspection.
- Preparing policies and implementing programmes to ensure staff development and training as well as maintaining cordial labour relations.
- Overseeing the purchasing function to optimize quality and price of raw materials, maintaining strict controls on inventory levels.
- Performance and efficiency analysis and reporting with recommendations for improvements.
- Overseeing the IT and MIS operations with a view to leveraging on this technology to improve business operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognize university. MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in an FMCG environment in sales and distribution.
- Experience in general management will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and get results through people.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities at a strategic and functional level
- Familiarity with current trends, practices and metrics in the FMCG sector.
- Demonstrated commercial/entrepreneurial acumen.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package indicating the JOB TITLE as the email subject, to [email protected] .
Only successful candidates will be contacted.