MSI Senior Evaluation Specialists Jobs, Performance Evaluation of the Healthy Outcomes through Prevention Education (HOPE) Program, Kenya
Company Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance.
Today, our range of technical expertise includes analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, strategic planning, organizational capacity building, health and the justice sector.
- Play an active part in completing responsibilities assigned by the team leader
- Finalize the evaluation design and data collection tools, coordinate activities and arrange meetings
- Participate in the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high quality document
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of key evaluation findings and recommendations to USAID/Kenya and other stakeholders
- Submit all deliverables required in the expected timeline.
- Master’s degree or higher in education, health education, or an applied research field
- Professional training and experience participating in evaluation teams
- Evaluation design experience, including the selection of appropriate data collection methods on a question specific basis and development of a detailed data analysis plan.
- Basic social science research skills and basic statistics, including strong data visualization skills consistent with USAID expectations
- Survey research experience, including development of structured and semi-structured interview and/or observation instrument; sample size determination for specific confidence levels and confidence intervals; and selection and use of other survey data;
- Structured or semi-structured group interviews and/or focus groups, including the creation of written instruments and transcripts for same; content analysis and other techniques for coding and transforming group/open-ended data into analyzed information.
- Applied experience with non-experimental theory testing techniques for examining program/project effects (baseline reconstruction, outcome mapping, contribution analysis and/or others).
- Proven experience preparing high quality documents and meeting deliverable deadlines
- Experience conducting gender analysis for health/education programs highly desirable
- Experience evaluating USAID programs required;
- Experience in East Africa highly desirable; willingness to travel and work in informal settlements in Nairobi required
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com