MSI Protracted Relief and Recovery Operations Field Monitor (WFP Program) Job in Kenya
Company Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance.
Today, our range of technical expertise includes analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, strategic planning, organizational capacity building, health and the justice sector. MSI focuses on helping our local partners foster progress, manage change and improve the effectiveness of development assistance.
Project / Proposal Summary:
- Conduct a series of program monitoring and verification visits of WFP PRRO;
- Design a methodology and monitoring plan:
- Carry out interviews within homes, at community gatherings, at project sites, at food distributions, with implementing partner staff and other stakeholders and with non-beneficiaries
- Write field reports; and
- Participate in multi-agency assessment.
- 2 years of related and progressively responsible work experience;
- Bachelors degree relevant to food security and food aid program management (Agriculture, Nutrition, International Development or Economics). Relevant Masters is desirable;
- Willingness to regularly undertake extensive field work assignments, in rough conditions;
- Experience with USAID or another donor;
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Basic computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and email and internet fluency;
- Ability to work cooperatively in teams and multicultural environments;
- Experience in Qualitative and Quantitative research or field monitoring; and
- Good communication skills and a solution seeking attitude.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com