Financial Management Technical Advisor – MSH Job in Kenya
Posted: Jun 5, 2013
MSH Financial Management Technical Advisor Job in Kenya
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization with over four decades of experience in strengthening health systems, and capacity of local institutions. MSH takes a comprehensive approach to improving health to achieve scalability, lasting impact, and sustainability.
Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. For more information please visit our website www.msh.org
MSH seeks to recruit a highly motivated and result oriented individual to join a dynamic team in its USAID funded FANIKISHA Project that focuses on strengthening the technical and institutional capacity of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Kenya to enable them to be responsive to the community health response for the health and well being of Kenyans.
Financial Management Technical Advisor
The key roles and responsibilities will include;
- Overseeing the financial and grants management technical assistance
- Training selected CSOs and their affiliates to deliver quality services, manage resources efficiently and with accountability, and achieve and report results.
- Developing and implementing financial and grants management technical assistance guides, tools, resources and mentorship curriculum for the CSO’s.
- Participating in trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences to share and disseminate experiences and lessons learnt among the selected civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Ensuring compliance to USAID rules and regulations during reporting of taxes and cost share contribution
- Providing support by working with other IS Advisors in preparation of CSOs quarterly financial reviews and oversight.
- The Financial Management Technical Advisor will review the CSOs monthly financial reports and follow up on questioned costs.
- S/he should ensure timely closure of monthly and quarterly project reports and provide support to CSOs Organizational Capacity Assessments and Selection, in order to ensure the timely achievement of the financial components of the project work plan.
Qualification and Experience;
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum at least five (5) years of experience in health financing, accounting, planning, budgeting, and auditing.
- Experience working effectively in capacity building in the aforementioned areas at the district level or with local organizations.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field. Certified Public Accountant background is highly desirable.
- S/he needs to demonstrate successful experience working as an advisor to CSOs, FBOs, NGOs, ministries of health on matters finance in developing countries.
- The candidate needs to have thorough knowledge of USAID program management, of applicable regulations and requirements, and of institutional capacity building, especially in a post conflict and high Healthcare needs environment.
- Demonstrate capability in multi-tasking and working simultaneously with multiple teams.
- Is able to prioritize and manage a complex portfolio, collaborating with many types of stakeholders.
- The successful candidate needs to have strong financial and operational skills with ability to demonstrate initiative, selfmotivation and a commitment to lead and work with a diverse team.
- S/he needs to be having excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills in English;
- Strong computer skills (word processing, graphic programs and excel spreadsheets).
- Previous experience working with the Kenyan Government is a plus.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, and national origin, and citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
For further detail and to apply for this position, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at www.Jobs-msh.icims.com by 19th June 2013.
If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Financial Management Technical