MSF Switzerland Nurse Job in Agok, South Sudan
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 11, 2014
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
In Sudan, MSFCH is currently operating in Agok project in Warrap state where it is running comprehensive primary and secondary health care services.
We are looking for a Nurse to be located in the Agok field project.
Duration: 3 months
Scope of responsibilities:
- Ensure nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients and/or a population in accordance with doctors’ prescriptions, MSF protocols, respect of universal hygiene standards and according to context.
- Ensure supervision and continuous training of a team in absence of a supervisor nurse.
- Organise and carry out care and treatments according to doctor’s prescription and MSF protocols.
- Ensure that quality and continuity of care are respected.
- In case of emergency, carry out first aid care and treatment according to prior written protocol done by the doctor.
- ensure the sorting and detect priority acute cases
- Manage efficiently the pharmacy and medical equipment
- Ensure a relevant transfer of information to the next duty team.
- Willing to work in unstable security set up.
- Flexibility of position especially during emergency response.
- Qualified nurse with diploma/degree recognized by the government
- 2 year experience working as nurse, 1 year on commuity level in rural set ups
- Ability to converse in English, knowledge of Dinka is an asset
- Previous MSF experience is an asset
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Able to work under strict deadlines and pressure
- Must be a good team player
- Good communication skills, ability to listen and diplomacy, cultural sensitive
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods
- Ability to live and work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and remote environment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV to the HR department at MSF Switzerland in Kenya via email [email protected]
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.