MSF Switzerland Logistics Support Activities Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Job Title: Logistics Support Activities Manager – Kenya Mission
Main Tasks: The Logistics Support Activities Manager is a member of the senior management team. He/she will be responsible for the logistics support activities for the mission in conjunction with the country logistic coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and administrate logistic support indicators, collecting logistic data’s and monthly report them the Country logistics coordinator.
- Ensure technical reference for all logistic support issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensure installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate working/living conditions as well as all the equipment required in coherence with the MSF hygiene standard and security rules.
- Ensure the medical structures and logistics premises (stocks, workshops, waste management) respond to the MSF standards in term of safety, working area, patient flow and hygiene.
- Ensure that all premises are equipped with all the required logistics equipments which is in good condition and properly and timely maintained.
- Participate actively in the definition and update of annual logistic planning and budgets, defining logistic technical support strategy and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified logistic support needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for adequate logistic support
- A degree in relevant field from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 years experience on technical projects coordination
- Leadership and management skills, good communication, negotiation, organisation skills, meticulousness, flexibility, capacity to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, patience, diplomacy.
- Fluent English speaker, Somali will be an asset
- At least two years of MSF experience will be an added advantage
- Exemplary team management and coaching skills.
Human Resource Coordinator
MSF-Switzerland, Kenya Mission
P.O. Box 25091 – 00603