MP Shah Hospital Dentist and Ambulance Paramedics Jobs in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 11, 2014
MP Shah Hospital is looking to recruit ambitious and career driven person for vacancy in the following position:
In collaboration with other health care providers, the dentist will provide and facilitate provision of diagnosis, preventative care, and treatment procedures to help patients recover from any diseases that affect the oral cavity, the teeth and the mouth
- Evaluate the current health and condition of patient’s teeth to determine diagnosis of dental condition, if any
- Consider treatment methods and explain the options with the patient to determine which works best for them based on their situation
- Carry out clinical procedures to remove decay, fill cavities, straighten teeth, extract teeth and make models and measurements for dentures to replace missing teeth
- Perform corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases
- Provide instruction on diet, brushing, flossing, the use of fluorides, and other aspects of dental care
Qualifications and Essential Requirements:
- Hold a University Degree in Dentistry with 3 years of work experience
- Registered with the Kenya Medical & Dentists Board
The incumbent in consultation with other health care professionals will provide specialized care and treatment to patients that have been involved in accidents, emergencies or other life threatening crises
- Respond to all emergency calls, assess patients and provide emergency treatment before hospital admission
- Provide medical assistance during emergency situations, such as CPR, AED, prevent shock, control severe bleeding, prevent spinal damage, etc.
- Drive and equip ambulances and other emergency vehicles
- Transport patients and continue to provide treatment whilst in transit to the hospital
- Provide hospital emergency staff and relatives with patient information including current condition and treatment
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current Certification in Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support and Basic Life Support (ACLS,ATLS and BLS) and valid paramedic credential
- A clean and Valid Driving license held for a minimum of one year and preferably experience of driving larger vehicles and carrying passengers.
- Diploma in Nursing or Clinical Officer with Paramedic Training.
- Kenya Nursing Council License or Clinical Officer Registration License.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should email their application letters, detailed curriculum vitae listing three professional references (including your recent supervisor) and your 24 hours telephone contact to: [email protected]
Applications should be received not later than 15th February 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.