Monitoring & Evaluation Project Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 24, 2013
Project Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
DKA and eRko support Office – Nairobi
The DKA and eRko support office in Nairobi is charged with the mandate of supporting the work of DKA Austria and eRko Slovakia in Kenya through supporting and capacity building the Kenyan project partners funded by these two donors.
The implementing partners we work with are mainly community based organizations based in the urban slum areas as well as marginalized rural areas.
Job Title: Project Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting to: Director
Counterparts: Program Finance and Administration Officer, Project Advisor
Supervising: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Nairobi with regular travel around the country
General Description: Use the M&E tools to carry out M&E functions with the funded local partners. Prepare monitoring reports for project partners to guide implementation and for donors to advice on funding and other support for local partners in Kenya.
Asses new possible partnerships and facilitate development of project proposals. Project Officer M&E is also the main contact to European donors in regards to the projects.
Salary Range: 65,000 – 70,000 KSHs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular updates of project partners to management team and director
- Preparation of Project Update reports (biannual for funding partners) and monitoring reports
- Planning, budgeting and monitoring of the budget spending relevant to M&E desk
- Overall responsibility for the documentation archive (reports, communication, important documents)
- Sharing of all relevant information in regards to project partners with DKA Austria and eRko Slovakia
- Supervision and appraisal of Project Assistant
- Prepare M&E plans, Conduct M&E exercises with all partners in order to monitor progress in implementation, verify the reports shared to the funding partners and collect relevant information/ideas for recommendations and future planning.
- Prepare and provide feedback from monitoring and evaluation assessments to partners and do follow-up in the implementation of recommendations.
- Evaluate partners project reports and provide recommendations (in cooperation with Program Finance and Admin Officer)
- Appraise new project proposals to assess viability and identify new project partners that support office has interest in.
- Assist project partners in developing new projects proposals, strategic plans and follow up on implementation for success.
- Support partners in internal monitoring.
- Develop and update guidelines and tools for project assessments
- Facilitate the visits to partner’s projects during visitations of representatives from DKA Austria and eRko Slovakia.
- Facilitate improved mutual cooperation and understanding amongst local and European partners – in regards to values, policies and approaches to development.
Qualifications and competences
- Bachelors Degree in Project management/Sociology/Community Development or similar qualifications
- Minimum five years relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Good strategic thinking together with strong analytical skills
- Good financial management skills
- Ability to work with diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience in capacity building and organizational development
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- High level of integrity
Candidates who meet these requirements should send a letter of application, a CV and contact details for three references via email to [email protected] By 5.00 pm January 8th 2014.