Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
PAFID’s mission is to improve food security, nutrition and incomes of small holder farming communities in Kenya by advancing better farming techniques, and encouraging their adoption.
PAFID is seeking to recruit a dynamic monitoring and evaluation officer
PAFID is working in 9 counties in Kenya, supporting farmers and agriculture value chain.
- Develop and implement M&E systems and processes for PAFID projects
- Ensure baseline data collection is conducted at the start of the programme and that data is collected regularly against indicators
- Work with field staff to establish effective relevant monitoring and learning systems
- Develop and drive a sound project performance monitoring and evaluation plan
- Develop monitoring and evaluation reports. Monitor overall initiative on a monthly basis to inform six monthly recommendations for programme improvements and adaptations
- Develop monitoring and evaluation strategy so lessons learned are incorporated into activities to achieve greater impact.
- Produce six monthly summaries of lessons learned from all aspects of the programme to package and disseminate results
- Develop sound performance management indicators
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation is essential
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong understanding of key approaches to monitoring and evaluation and the delivery of value for money
- Experience working on donor funded projects
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating small-medium sized projects
- Fluency in English is essential
- Good computer skills and an understanding / working knowledge of excel data base & or other similar data base skills.
- Good people and communications skills
- Person needs to be willing to learn and be challenged.
- Good team player.
- Be proactive and be willing to travel up to 50% of their time upcountry.
Deadline for sending applications is Wednesday, the 18th December 2013