Monarch Group Property Valuer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 15, 2013
Job Title: Property Valuer
Reports to: Group Property Manager
Duty Station: The Mall, Westlands – Nairobi
Key Task: Appraise actual property to determine its value for the purpose requested by the Property Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compute final estimation of property values, taking into account such factors as depreciation, replacement costs, value comparisons of similar properties, and income potential.
- Draw land diagrams that will be used in appraisal reports to support findings.
- Estimate building replacement costs using building valuation manuals and professional cost estimators.
- Evaluate land and neighborhoods’ where properties are situated, considering locations and trends or impending changes that could influence future values.
- Examine the type and location of nearby services such as shopping centers, schools, parks, and other neighborhoods’ features in order to evaluate their impact on property values.
- Inspect properties to evaluate construction, condition, special features, and functional design, and to take property measurements.
- Obtain county land values and sales information about nearby properties in order to aid in establishment of property values.
- Photograph interiors and exteriors of properties in order to assist in estimating property value, substantiate findings, and complete appraisal reports.
- Prepare written reports that estimate property values, outline methods by which the estimations were made, and meet appraisal standards.
- Search public records for transactions such as sales, leases, and assessments.
- Verify legal descriptions of properties by comparing them to county records.
- Check building codes and zoning bylaws in order to determine any effects on the properties being appraised.
- Examine income records and operating costs of income properties.
- Interview persons familiar with properties and immediate surroundings, such as contractors, home owners, and realtors, in order to obtain pertinent information.
- Keep a record of all valuations carried out and provide information as may be required by the Directors, management or outside parties such as lawyer or courts.
Job specification of Property Valuer
- Degree in Land Economics
- Full Membership in ISK (Institute of Surveyors, Kenya)
- 3 years experience in valuation
- Ability to get relevant information from identified sources
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Processing Information
- Certified Property Valuer
Email Your Application and CV to: [email protected]