Mobile Planet Product Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 22, 2013
A Product Manager is responsible for product planning and implementation throughout the product life-cycle.
They include ensure the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals, they gather and prioritize product and customer requirements, define the product vision and work closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support teams/departments to ensure the product is a success.
- Build a lean canvas to identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
- Validate if a problem is worth solving, before defining a solution.
- Use the principles of lean startup to turn ideas/problems into products and measure how customers respond and learn whether to pivot or preserve a product.
- Find early adopters” preferably paying customers.
- Build a continuous feedback loop with customers throughout the product development Cycle.
- Systematically test the product development plan from a problem fit solution, to build minimal viable product, product/market fit and scale.
- Decide what goes into the minimal viable product.
- Iterate for product market fit in small increments.
- Know how to measure progress, how to setup milestones, how to prioritize work.
- Maximize for speed, have a learning focus to determine if the product is viable or not and bounce back to find a product/market fit.
- Must be able to take initiative and pro-actively identify opportunities of areas of improvement, develop business cases, and execute a plan to implement improvements.
Vital Knowledge and Skill:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Project management, time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency, understand and communicate technical documentation.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
- 3+ years of technology marketing/product management experience/product marketing experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites.
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred.
- Position is office based (locally)
- Normal working hours are 8.30am – 5pm
- Competitive Salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Medical Insurance
- Participation in ESOP
- Pension Scheme
All applications should be sent to [email protected] by COB 14th January 2014.