Mobile Planet Linux System Administrator Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 22, 2013
Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Team: Systems and Support
Reporting Structure: Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer
Purpose of Position
Candidate should be familiar with how Unix processes work as well as have a solid grasp of a scripting language (preferably Python) for automation.
The position will require close working with all department heads within the organization.
- Managing and Resolving Incidents and Problems through Technical Escalation
- Using existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to find resolution to customer incidents
- Manage all Implementation fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with customer, via calls/SMS, email, remote control or on site
- Escalating calls to GSM Networks, PDNOs etc
- Delegate and manage all customer sites to implement fixes
- Delegate and manage staff customer sites to perform proactive support tasks and post installation hand over
- Manage the administration of customer networks as part of managed services provision
- Analyzing and reporting on call performance and server health checks
- Provide pro-active Problem Management through checking manufacturer web sites, product updates & testing and producing KB Articles and Bulleting
- Overall in charge of ensuring that all internal systems within the Organization/Departments as required are properly updated, supported, backed-up and managed.
- Setup and manage monitoring of all Mobile Planet Limited Applications deployed to the production environment.
- Analyze performance of applications in the production environment and report any recurring problems to the development team.
- Data Analysis and Mining as required
Skills and Experience
- B. Sc in CS/IT or related field or equivalent experience
- Administer Linux (Debian based) and *BSD servers
- Configure and maintain networking equipment: firewalls, routers, managed switches, VPNs.
- Administer services including: Apache, LDAP, SAMBA, Postfix, MySQL, subversion, Astericks etc
- Database administration, preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Fluent in a scripting language (preferably Perl/Python)
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking and common network protocols
- Excellent understanding of Networks, Protocols and Internet Technologies
- CISCO qualification(s) would be desirable, however knowledge, interest and awareness of CISCO products is essential
- Awareness of SMPP would be a benefit
- Awareness of Astericks IVR implementation would be a benefit.
- Awareness of working with Service Level Agreements
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills. The ability to work under pressure is a necessity.
- The ability to demonstrate IT support and Customer facing skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problem resolution
- Good literacy and report writing skills and be able to provide examples from previous IT Projects where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to generate strong and lasting relationships with our customers
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to consult and also have the confidence to make decisions.
- A passion for technology
- Driving license and valid passport required
- Position is office based (locally)
- Normal working hours are 8.30am – 5pm
- Competitive Salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Medical Insurance
- Participation in ESOP
- Pension Scheme
All applications should be sent to [email protected] by COB 14th January 2014.