Ministry of Health Project M&E Officer, ICT Officers, Epidemiologists and Statisticians Jobs in Kenya
Ministry of Health
The ministry of Health through Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung disease unit whose mandate is to control and manage TB, Leprosy and Lung Disease in the country has been implementing the Global Fund Grants for a number of years.
- Masters degree in statistics, Biometry, Biostatistics or Project management.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in M and E logical framework approach, planning, information analysis and report writing
- Post graduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation is mandatory
- Solid understanding of health programming and planning
- Good knowledge in MS office, SPSS, STATA or EPI Info
- Excellent Leadership qualities, personnel and team management (including mediation and conflict resolution)
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from a recognized university.
- Certifications and experience in the PHP, Linux operating system environment and groupwise mail server is an added advantage.
- He/She should also have excellent skills in network and mail server configuration and experience in trouble shooting the same, setting up necessary firewall and maintaining the networks integrity.
- At least experience in development and management of health information systems, and should demonstrate experience in providing training on such system.
- At least experience in storage area network environment and data centre management with remote support capabilities
- A Masters degree in public health (MPH) or a Master of Science degree in public health (MSPH) with a focus on epidemiology or analysis and assessment.
- 3 years work experience in epidemiology and/or public health programs, includes analysis of epidemiologic data and/or research studies.
- Skill in providing technical expertise and guidance in the development, implementation and evaluation of epidemiological studies and projects and the analysis of epidemiologic data and data collected from program results and operational studies.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to use office software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, and basic statistical software packages, SPSS, STATA and EPI Info.
- Fluency in English and good communication and inter personal skills
- Masters degree Statistics, Biometry or Biostatistics.
- At least experience in statistical work at the professional level.
- 1 year hands on experience in use of STATA, SPSS, R or any other statistical software.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training and management skills.
- Database knowledge in access and SQL.
- Longitudinal and nonlinear data modeling experience will be desirable.
- Research experience will be an added advantage.
- The individual must be, a self-motivated professional, dynamic and innovative, capable of working independently towards the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Previous experience working in Health programs is an added advantage.
Ministry of Health
P.O Box 30016-00100