Millennium Promise HIV Care Facilitator Job in Yala, Kenya
Its flagship initiative is the Millennium Villages Project (MVP), which highlights how integrated, community-led development, even in some of the poorest communities across rural sub-Saharan Africa, can lead to progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and can provide communities with the basic tools and necessities to break out of poverty, on the path toward self-sustainable development.
Duty Station - Yala
Length Of Contract: One (1) Year
Terms Of Reference
- Organizing and supervising the HIV/AIDS care and Treatment to meet MDG targets.
- Training and support to Community Health Workers and Village Health Committees.
- Provide technical assistance to Community Support Groups especially in Income generating activities for Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWAs).
- Organizing reproductive health days in the cluster villages and schools.
- Support youth-friendly health services at the cluster facilities and outreach programs by Community Based Organizations/ Youth groups supported by the Project.
- Take part in project planning and budgeting.
- Prepare event, activity and field monitoring reports.
- Collect and provide project related data.
- Forecast and monitor health facilities consumption of HIV/AIDS commodities, working closely with the supply chain manager.
- Facilitate the acquisition and distribution of projects supplies.
- Work closely with relevant DHMT members in planning activities.
- Establishing laboratory networking system.
- Perform other activities as appropriate and requested by the Health Coordinator.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in Public Health, social sciences, development and community development studies.
- Experience in managing HIV/AIDS projects would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with MOH protocols.
- Creative, motivated and self-driven, results oriented and have initiative.
The Team Leader/Cluster Manager,
Millennium Villages Project,
P.O. Box 2389-40100,
Kisumu or email [email protected]
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted