Medair IMCI Training Consultant Job in Mogadishu, Somalia
IMCI Training Consultant
Specifically, Medair is attempting to equip health workers with skills and knowledge on effective management of sick children aged between one week and five years with emphases on the prevention of disease and communication with caretakers.
- Training participants will include 12 nurses working in Medair supported MCHs. The training should take place over a period of five (5) days and be in line with WHO sanctioned guidelines. Thus, incorporate adequate practical demonstration of the theoretical knowledge learned and include the appropriate training aid materials.
- A comprehensive report that covers a brief description of the training methodology and logistics, including a summary of any challenges encountered/lessons learned; and a thorough description of the training outcomes that mentions the methods/tools used to evaluate participants’ knowledge and skills gained.
- Assess, classify and treat sick children correctly following the IMCI case management guidelines.
- Administer pre-referral treatment correctly and refer seriously ill children.
- Counsel caretakers about home care including how to give treatment what signs to look for that indicate a child should be brought back immediately to the health facility, and when to return for follow-up care.
- Check children’s immunization status routinely and give immunizations when needed.
- Carry out feeding assessments of children who are less than two years or who are very low weight-for-age.
- When necessary, provide caretakers with appropriate nutrition and breastfeeding counselling.
- Qualification as a general practitioner, clinical Nurse or clinical officer with extensive experience and knowledge on IMCI training
- Qualification as a trainer through a clinical training skill course or its equivalent in Somalia
- Work experience in a facility delivering treatment services for children under five years old and has regular capacity to maintain clinical skills
- Knowledge of the country context will be an asset.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong English and Somali language writing and spoken skills.
- Require a training agenda and related educational materials one week prior to the training.
- Expected starting date of training will be on or around 10th March
- Medair will pay25% of the agreed consultancy fee at the start of training and the remaining 75% upon completion of the training report to Medair’s satisfaction.
- Cover letter;
- The updated CV;
- Proposal with the suggested consultancy fees.