McKinsey & Company Finance & Accounting Manager Job in Kenya
Summary: McKinsey & Company is a global Management Consulting Firm; we are trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments and institution.
Job Purpose: To manage all finance function for East Africa based in Nairobi, lead multiple finance processes and drive ad hoc finance projects and other initiatives.
- Give strategic support to the Partner Group for the region, take a leadership role in building the practice and play a leadership role within the support function as this develops across the region.
- Overall compliance with finance process and policies, both internal and external
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory guidelines and laws, with a key emphasis on tax compliance and tax optimization across the region
- Day-to-day finance function, including a broad range of tasks across general accounting (general ledger, reconciliations), accounts payable (vendor management, processing, payments), fixed assets, work-in-progress (‘WIP’) management (client invoicing, transaction processing, project analysis, variance reporting, etc.) and accounts receivable (client payments).
- Monthly and annual statutory filings, including VAT, WHT, PAYE, etc.
- Project management of statutory audits, internal audits and any audits from e.g. tax authorities, etc.
- Cash flow management and banking
- Monthly management account presentation, analysis, variance reporting, building of complex financial models to support analysis processes and inputs into key decision making processes
- Oversees recruitment, development, coaching, structure of support teams, including finance., as the practice develops and grows across the region
- Minimum 4 year university degree in finance and accounting with strong academic results
- Minimum of 3 years post articles /internship experience with a ‘Big 4’ audit firm; preferably 3-5 years commercial experience in a professional services environment in finance and accounting
- Excellent analytic thinking, problem solving skills and a proven ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of fundamental finance and accounting processes, coupled with a strong working knowledge of tax (VAT, WHT, Corporate Tax, PAYE, etc.)
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, an ability to work independently and to interface / manage remote shared services centre support (i.e. manage remote teams)
- Exceptional Excel capability and experience on an ERP system (Oracle highly preferred)
- Willingness to travel within the East Africa region and further if-and-when required to do so
P O Box 6416,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.