Materials Specialist / Technician Job in Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job: Implementing, maintaining and controlling systems which monitor and assess the quality of products and materials in all stages of design, production to delivery and subsequent use in line with local, international and best practice standards.
- Ensuring Quality Assurance while performing, documenting and monitoring quality inspections and non-conformance analysis of material products, during all phases of the products life.
- Ensuring preparation of specimen, its dimensional and physical property inspection/testing during all phases of product life.
- Determine and achieve material specifications and quality by comparing test/inspection results to specifications
- Expertise input in development and continuous improvement of quality control and assurance manuals/processes of the QMS.
- Monitoring and reconciling non-conformance items through visual inspection in line with coordination and communication of repair details with drafting and engineering department.
- Review project plans, drawings and specifications prior to construction/production for technical support to ensure adherence to project details and requirements.
- Logging and maintaining testing and inspection data in quality control spreadsheets and databases as well as log quality variances experienced during product inspection.
- Maintain full time ready for use database including quality records and certifications in line with the quality system manual.
- Verify test results of independent testing laboratories and perform statistical analyses of the test results
- Conduct routine field testing, targeted and supervised laboratory testing on production/construction materials for quality control and assurance.
- Preparing and presenting recommendations of periodic field reports in line with KPIs and reporting schedule
- Ensuring immediate-staff training and development while motivating and ensuring staff performance
- Act as liaison between the engineering department and the main external contacts.
- Quality Assurance,
- Product innovation, project management,
- Analytical and working knowledge of the various materials tests i.e. steel, concrete, cement, gravel and aggregate/ballast.
- Working knowledge of the quality management systems manuals and processes.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret plans and shop drawings for the various design products.
- AUTOCAD competency
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally to diverse customers internal and external to the Department;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and an overall passion for continual improvement.
- Professionalism and ethics,
- Change Champion,
- Interpersonal & communication skills,
- Organizational awareness
- Degree in civil engineering or Equivalent from a recognized institution
- Holder of Higher National Diploma in civil Engineering with not less than 8 years’ experience
- Postgraduate qualification and membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in materials testing preferably in a materials laboratory.
- Report preparation and presentation
- IT fluency
Email address: [email protected]