Marketing and Sales Manager Job Re-Advertisement
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 4, 2014
A local Company and its sister subsidiaries is looking for a high caliber and motivated person to fill the post of Marketing and Sales Manager.
The following are the requirements for the position;
Job Purpose: Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans; managing staff.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by assisting in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and recommending disciplinary action to the Marketing and sales Departmental employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Expand product solutions and offerings.
- Analyze and monitor market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader and grow sales.
- studying competitors’ products and services
- identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them
Knowledge and exposure: Financial Planning and Strategic planning, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships, Creative Services and strong analytical and project management.
- have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
- be an excellent communicator
- be able to respond well to pressure
- Strong Creative outlook
- think creatively
- be interested in what motivates people
- Confident and dynamic personality.
Requirements of the role
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or a Business related field.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing qualifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in Marketing field in a Senior position
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Company, please send your covering letter and must indicate current and expected salary, availability, attach CV, scanned copies of your certificates and testimonials to the following address specifying the post applied for not later than 14th February 2014
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
Email address: [email protected]
Email address: [email protected]