Marketing Manager Job in Nairobi
Category: Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 4, 2013
Marketing Development Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Job Title: Marketing Development Manager
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Our client, an innovative $30 billion global diversified technology company with operations in
more than 60 countries, seeks to recruit a Marketing Development Manager.
more than 60 countries, seeks to recruit a Marketing Development Manager.
- Provide marketing advice and consult with the leadership team on a short-term strategic direction and operation plans for a typically small to medium complex market/product line(s)
- Determine directions, priorities and assign resources with full accountability for results of functional areas
- Establish and manage budgets for one or more departments within a functional discipline within marketing such as market research, channel/product marketing, ebusiness/e-marketing, business/market development, branding, pricing, and new product marketing
- Identify and define market/product opportunities to meet sales and growth objectives.
- Develop and lead implementation of all aspects of the marketing plan.
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- A Master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant working experience
- Consult with the leadership team on the short-term strategic direction, marketing plans, and operating plans to assigned areas and define guidelines/methods.
- Initiate and approve projects to continuously improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Lead in the alignment of the marketing plan to the strategic, financial, and brand goals of the business/P&L.
- Perform functional strategic planning, including establishing and managing budgets for one or more organizations.
- Manage one work group/department within a functional discipline, such as marketing research, channel/product marketing, e-business/e-marketing, business/market development, branding, pricing, new product marketing.
- Determine priorities, timetables and assigns resources/tasks and accountable for the activities and results of their functional area.
- Provide direct supervision to professional and support levels which include objective setting, performance management, and motivation, as well as training and coaching.
- Determine best solutions for complex problems and utilize resources across work areas and departments to create solutions.
- Resolve issues and conflicts related to direct reports.
- Communicate with managers, functional leaders, area/business leaders, department heads, direct subordinates and external clients.
- Share vision and demonstrate company values.
- Negotiate and counsel on an expert level, justify controversial positions and demonstrate intermediate persuasion skills.
- Convince others to cooperate, grant approval, or take action of a certain kind.
- Participate in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, comply with professional and quality standards, comply with corporate policies and procedures, and act in a manner consistent with organisation values and ethical standards.
- Develop, or assist more senior marketing managers in the development of marketing plans for new and existing products or channels/market area, and its implementation.
- Secure approval of marketing plans by senior leadership.
- Identify and define significant market/product opportunities to meet sales and growth objectives, taking local goals and investments into consideration.
- Define and prioritize customer insights/marketing research needs to inform the marketing plan, NPI, segmentation and on-going business decisions.
- Determine the market research goals and methodology, and manage market research projects.
- Actively communicate customer insights, findings and trends to functional leaders and influence customer-centric business decisions.
- Lead in the identification, prioritization, and selection of target customers by using segmentation and other market prioritization tools and techniques.
- Drive the use of appropriate tools and technologies to facilitate data-based business decisions and customer insights.
- Define and approve marketing programs and tactics for product portfolio optimization, packaging, promotions, channels, pricing, and other elements of the marketing mix.
- Define the metrics to be used to track marketing programs, and, when necessary pursue strategic and tactical shifts based on marketing metrics and comprehensive understanding of customers/competitors/channels.
- Set branding strategy in alignment with business direction, and lead internal and external teams on development and execution of integrated brand and/or product marketing programs, including packaging design projects, promotion activities, digital marketing, CRM, pricing promotions, and sales/demo materials.
- Manage approval of program tactics and ensure legal and trademark compliance, and implement tactical shifts.
- Determine portfolio strategies across the pyramid tiers, based on the understanding of all segments and both product and customer life cycles.
- Align brand and portfolio strategies, including elements such as sub-brands, fighter brands, private label, ingredient branding, and licensing, with marketing goals.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies and tactics in line with business goals and customer insights on value perceptions.
- Responsible for approval/rejection of special pricing requests for product line under his/her management.
- Partner with sales to develop strategic customer relationship approaches.
- Maintain strategic relationships with key channel partners.
- Lead the development and direction of a market coverage strategy, and manage trade marketing budgets and trade marketing programs in partnership with the sales manager.
- Manage new product efforts with cross-functional team; lead cross-functional team through gate review process for new products; partner with R&D/Laboratory and Finance to develop realistic business cases that clearly define the risks, rewards, and resources needed.
- Develop and implements effective new product launch plans that fully realize the opportunity in the market as quickly as possible.
- Consult with business management on financial implications of product decisions and assisting in the development of business strategies.
- Manage the implementation, tracking and optimization of interactive/digital activities, such as email or mobile campaigns, paid search and social media efforts.
- Integrate full consumer experience through web and other digital channels.
- Manage the execution and track the results of eCommerce marketing activities.
- Lead the cross-functional team, ensuring their understanding of key market concepts and measures that are critical to the business.
- Provide training on key marketing concepts when needed.
- Expert/master knowledge and experience with the most current theories and practices in a related discipline and a thorough knowledge of more than one related discipline, such as market research, channel/product marketing, business/market development, branding
- In-depth knowledge of multinational business areas
- Knowledge of computer programs and corporate systems relevant to the assigned area of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visitwww.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 17th September 2013
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.