Marketing and Communication Officer Job in Kenya
About Us: The company is a member based farmer organization registered in 1996 in response to the liberalization of the grain market in Kenya.
- Organize at least six field days per year, with an expectation of making at least half a million shillings as net profit per each event. This task will involve preparation of in consultation with your supervisor an annual schedule of field days and other activities that serve to market the organization and generate revenue. The task will further involve mobilizing farmers, paying exhibitors and sponsors for each field activity and ensure participation of other stakeholders of value to the CGA membership. For each field day, you will be required with support of your supervisor to source for guest speakers of interest to field day participants.
- Coordinate the publication of the Sower magazine, CGA’s in-house magazine with a target of four issues in a year and a net profit of two hundred thousand shillings as net profit per each issue. This task will entail sourcing for advertisements and sponsorship as well as topical topics to serve as content to each Sower magazine.
- On a limited scale, approximated at 20 percent of your time you will be required to offer Office Administration support. This will entail corporate communications, general office organization and limited supervision of contracted service providers.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Excellent communication skills including email, telephone and face to face-to-face
- Good interpersonal skills and public relations
- Knowledge of and skills in maintaining records/files
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge and skills in maintaining a database
- Ability to and experience of, working as a member of a team
- Ability to directly deal with customer care requirements
- Willingness to travel out of the Nairobi office on work related activities
- Ability to provide secretarial and administrative support to the Board and team
The deadline for receiving applications is 27th of December 2013