Marie Stopes Warehouse / Stock Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 100K – 125K)
The Stock / Warehouse Officer works in a team with the Procurement Officer and reports to the Procurement Manager.
Job Title: Warehouse / Stock Officer
Salary: Kshs. 100,000 – 125,000
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering, sustainable and people centered
- Receive all procured goods on behalf MSK.
- Overseeing stock holding management to ensure protection and safe storage
- Timely and safe distribution of all goods across MSK
- Up to date stock records.
- Well managed warehouse.
- Timely receipt and distribution
- Coordination of receipt of goods, verifies the documents against goods delivered, and makes sure the suppliers sign the relevant documents.
- Verifies receipts against purchase orders, processes customer returns on a daily basis
- Maintain inbound receiving records.
- Assists in shipping of goods, receiving, stocking, storing, and inventory of materials.
- Assist the Inventory Control staff with receiving corrections.
- Accurate record keeping of goods received and dispatched and up to date records at all times.
- Maintains records, searching for and compiling information and data; responding to routine request with answers by phone, in person, or by correspondence.
- Maintains cleanliness of the warehouses, goods and materials in them and keeps the equipments in good working order
- Checks periodically and make sure that the needed materials are in necessary quantity and quality.
- Ensures proper labelling and shelving of the warehouses.
- Accurate logging of bin cards
- Accurately reports on reorder levels.
- Punctuality and timely reporting
- The warehouses are always tidy and racks well labelled
- Coordination of dispatch of goods in the warehouse through the appointed currier service provider.
- Run and distribute department reports and correspondence for warehouses and distribution.
- Ensures distribution forms, requisitions, purchase orders forms and packaging slips are completed accurately.
- Assist with packing and pick slips, and log tracking.
- Timely distribution of the requested goods
- Reduced cases of lost goods
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Logistics, Business Management or any other relevant discipline.
- At least a postgraduate Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience in warehouse and stock management.
- The Candidate should have experience working with any ERP system.
- Minimum 3 years working in the same capacity in a busy organisation especially INGO.
- Proven experience in Warehouse management and stock control.
- Experience in medical or health sector an added advantage
- Analytical solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Security and safety minded.
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Warehouse / Stock Officer’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer