Marie Stopes Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Job in Kenya
Reports To: Deputy Director Programme Operations
Duty Station: Nairobi
Salary: Kshs. 138,000 – 200,000
Leading a small Research and M&E team of two staff, the Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is one of the senior persons of the Strategy Unit within the Programme Operations Department.
- Develop workable data-sets that will enable regular collection, storage and interpretation of data needed by the team from field and other parts of the operations
- Support introduction, testing and training of Program staff on the use and maintenance and development of these sets including a strong participatory element with gender balance
- Develop and encourage innovation in data collection including feedback mechanisms amongst Program Operations team to address internal and external stakeholders information needs
- Pursue options for streamlining and efficiencies through different technologies as appropriate
- Support all programme leaders in planning effectively for their M&E needs
- Develop with team clear plans for all R,M&E work supporting MSK’s work to be agreed at CMT annually
- Lead procurement of additional help (consultants, enumerators etc) in a timely way as required
- Ensure the all work by own team and external consultants meets MSI standards for effective and ethically sound research (re use of underage informants, gender balance, confidentiality, SEA standards etc)
- Deliver against evaluation needs as required by grant contracts
- Provide training when appropriate to channel leads, Directors and other staff on info needs analysis and methodologies for collection
- Draw on the experiences and present lessons learnt from the experience of conducting work
- Identify pertinent areas of research that would significantly increase the knowledge base on which MSK’s work should rest (e.g. teenage usage of services, trends in private sector services, impact of county devolution on RH services, etc)
- Where unavailable mobilise resources for research either within MSK or externally
- Collaborate with regional and global research work as it furthers meeting MSK’s objectives
- Track MSK global indicators to feed into RM activities
- Respond to data collection needs when funding opportunities arise
- Proactively recommend areas of research that would further effective resource mobilisation
- Day to day supervision of the team to ensure that team plans are delivered on time
- Management of performance and support to personal development
- Strong team development internally and in relation to Programme Strategy team and Programme Operations team more widely
- University degree in Social Science, Economics, Development Studies or relevant discipline from a recognized reputable university
- Post graduate qualification in social sciences, health systems management, monitoring & evaluation or other relevant qualification is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in leading monitoring and evaluation systems for health programs in the NGO sector
- Extensive experience working with the government structures at the national and at the decentralized levels.
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Evidence for managing large studies in health
- Previous experience supporting R, M&E activities in reproductive health and adequate understanding of RH indicators
- Adequate knowledge of Statistical software (SPSS/SAS/STATA and qualitative software (N-vivo/ Nudist, Atlas TI etc)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in a highly dynamic environment.
- Highly adoptive and able to work with partners and lead R, M&E activities for programs implemented in consortia.
- Successfully published research work as a principal or co-investigator desirable
- Effective Communication
- Working Efficiently
- Sharing Information
- Focus on Learning
- Embracing Change
- Team Player
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 4th March, 2014
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed as they come.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer