Marie Stopes Procurement Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 100K – 125K)
The Procurement Officer works in a team with the Stock / Warehouse Officer and reports to the Procurement Manager. S/he is part of a sub division of Corporate Services called Procurement and Logistics.
The purpose of this role is to support the process that ensures that all procurement of good and services in MSK across all activities and departments meets standards of quality, price, timeliness and volume.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering, sustainable and people centered
This role has three key responsibilities
- Prepares procurement plans for review and sign off and tracks and reports on progress to Procurement Manager
- Follows requests for purchases end to end ensuring efficiency and value for money on all purchases
- Provides training and support to field and other department staff
- Consolidated procurement plans.
- Cost effective / efficient procurement.
- Trained and well supported staff across MSK
- Analyses procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience.
- Procurement plans in place and followed. Purchases of given volume showing value for money(cheapest, best, time)KAP study of staff
- Plans, organizes and leads the bid solicitation, requests for quotation, company profiles, and proposals, processes RFQ, RFP, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding clients on stages of procurement.
- Drafts bid evaluation reports, ensures the integrity of the competitive process, facilitates bidder debriefings, and exercises appropriate judgement and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information.
- Monitors and reviews progress of contractual agreements, reviews and approves invoices for payment, resolves any problems that arise, performs post contract evaluations, creates and maintains procurement records, including electronic records in the MSK’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and other systems, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data
- Analyses, negotiates and drafts contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of the MSK.
- Present accurate information to the panel and the bidders.
- Accurate analysis of the bids within 1 day upon receiving bids from the vendors
- RFQ/RFP processed within two working day upon receiving the request.
- Accurate and timely LPOs within one day after approval and sent to the vendors same day of approval
- Updated team members on procurement processes and policies.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Procurement or related fields from a recognised institution of higher learning or Diploma supported with equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification in supplies management.
- Membership of a professional supplies management body.
- The Candidate should have experience working with any ERP system.
- Minimum three years work experience especially in INGO
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Proven local and international procurement ability
- Ability to work with suppliers and build long term competitive supply relationships
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Procurement Officer’