Marie Stopes MSK Centers Senior Coordinator Job in Kenya (KShs 300K – 325K)
Introduction: Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) provides comprehensive SRH services through its branch network of 25 clinical facilities.
The Senior Coordinator (SC) Centres is a key position in MSK Programme Operations Department, whose strategic purpose is to ensure excellent delivery all MSK programme activities and the development and funding of new work.
Reporting to the Director of Programme Operations, the purpose of this role is to provide leadership and oversight of the successful delivery of a strategic channel of work creating CYPs and reducing unsafe abortion in MSK’s Centres.
Using his/ her excellent understanding of the business model of MSK’s Centres within the overall Programme Strategy, this post is needed to develop and design clear strategies that will lead to the successful delivery of centre-based work integrated with other delivery channels.
The Senior Coordinator Centres will work in close liaison with Centre Cluster leads and deputies, taking prompt action on all performance issues and continuous learning for strategic development of the channel while empowering all Centre teams to manage their businesses effectively.
The post holder is a member of the Senior Management leadership team of MSK whose members strongly reflect MSK’s values in their behavior.
Job Title: Senior Coordinator MSK Centres
Salary: Kshs. 300,000 – 325,000
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering, sustainable and people centered
- Strategic development of the channel for increased CYPs
- Business planning and clear performance plans of teams and individuals to meet targets
- Oversight of the performance of the channel against budget and target and reporting
- Increased CYPs
- Clear strategy informing all Centres work
- QTA scores of 90%+
- Budget/Income performance
- In close collaboration with teams develop and/or review SWOT analysis of all aspects of MSKs ability to meet and exceed CYP targets with high quality and within budget
- Identification of long and medium term objectives to guide the development of on-going delivery and expansion of the work with clear priorities
- Examination of MSI experience in other places for learning and ideas
- Strategy and plans
- Targets owned by individual teams and clusters
- Ensure that clear personal targets and objectives are set by individual Centre Managers and the clusters to which they belong. Manage performance through regular monitoring against and agreed dashboard
- Ensure mutual commitment to performance of the whole Centres team through use of cluster model to create commitment and accountability
- Intervene on key performance issues (esp. quality)
- Support and deliver training to ensure consistency in the work activities of the team
- Each Centre Manager targets
- Coordination with Cluster leads/deputies
- Monthly performance ratings including quality and CYP targets
- Regular collation and reporting on progress to clusters, other channels, the department and SMT
- Agree and communicate proposals for action to rectify any performance issues
- Lead discussion on key issues specific to the channel in regard to its place in MSK/MSI’s programming. e.g. competition within the channels; sustainability of the social enterprise model
- Occasional papers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field for example in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Project Management
- Masters degree is desirable
- Project Cycle management training desirable
- More than one Kenyan language desirable
- Knowledge of clinical procedures and minimum standards essential
- At least 5 years experience and knowledge of health financing
- Clear ability to identify and set targets
- Budget management
- Excellent understanding of donor contract requirements
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating capacity development in more junior staff
- Excellent communicator to others on key strategic issues
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Senior Coordinator-Centers’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer