Marie Stopes Logistics and Procurement Deputy Director Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 210K – 240K)
This position reports to Director Corporate Services and deputizing when required.
The purpose of this is post is to further the realisation of MSK’s strategic goals by deputizing for the Director of Corporate Services when required and leading the Logistics and Procurement team to ensure cost effective, compliant, high quality, timely delivery of all procurement and logistics supporting all MSK’s operations.
Strategic Purpose of the Corporate Services Unit: Logistical, admin and HR support to all MSK staff and their work to ensure that it is supported to realise efficiencies, compliance and quality.
Job Title: Deputy Director, Logistics and Procurement
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering, sustainable and people centered
- Leadership of a team providing all procurement, logistics and IT management and support to the whole MSK programme
- Development, implementation and oversight of all procurement systems and practice
- Development, implementation and oversight of all logistics and assets management
- Oversight of all IT services to the organisation.
- Efficient team in place
- Team Plans
- Personal performance management
- KPIs and objectives met
- Staff performance managed
- Development of systems and procedures
- Supervision of procurement activities
- Monitoring and reporting on progress to Dir CS
- Efficient and cost effective systems
- Policies and procedures adhered to
- Prompt purchases and deliveries
- Development of systems for assets and logs management
- Monitoring and oversight
- Determine best methods of purchase, utilizing new systems technologies as appropriate.
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to develop emergency plans for critical supplies / services.
- Periodically re-assess supply risks and develop corresponding mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with Project Teams to forecast purchasing demands.
- Understand and keep abreast with new procurement trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in procurement policies and practices.
- Monitor internal compliance to policies, practices, use of preferred vendors, preferred items, and proper use of contract terms.
- Negotiate supply contracts that conform to MSK policies, seek the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and added services.
- Manage suppliers, – together with members of PROCOM carry out source audits, and develop alternative suppliers’ lists.
- Manage supplier contracts
- Manage disposal / resale of equipment / items no longer needed.
- Research, identify design and implement tools, systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Procurement plans
- Risk management mitigation plans.
- Timely and efficient purchases.
- Value for money
- Legally binding contracts
- Regular procurement reports generated
- Ensure MSK Support Office, field offices and centres are set up and fully operational in all areas of IT and communications
- Maintain an I T assets list of all IT equipment.
- No interruptions due to IT problems
- IT problems rectified promptly
- Degree in Procurement/Logistics, Purchasing or Supplies (MBA is an added advantage)
- At least 5 years experience as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Agent, or Buyer in a service delivery organization or NGO
- Knowledge of local supplier base and local laws and regulations.
- Working experience with cross – functional teams
- Professional qualification in Purchasing Management, Logistics, Supply Chain management or contract law
- Attention to details
- Document Management
- Risk Management.
- Legal and Contract Understanding
- Inventory Management
- Customer service orientation.
- Interpersonal relations
- Presentation skills
- Self driven.
- Flexible but principled.
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Deputy Director – Logistics and Procurement’