Marie Stopes Kenya Regional Managers
Marie Stopes Kenya Regional Managers – Western and Nairobi / Central Regions Jobs (KShs 250K – 275K)
Reports To: Director of Programmes.
Type of Contract: Fixed Term – 2 Years subject to confirmation after 3 months probation period.
Key Performance Indicators
2. Programme Development and Management
3. Optimum use of Program Funds
4. Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
5. Client-focused and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
Ensure viable and innovative recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfillment of the rights of women and youth, and recommendations on programme new initiatives and management issues to ensure achievement of stated objectives.
6. Local Capacity Building/Sustainability for system building
Ensure the building or reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the local partners starting with taking a strategic approach to the identification of these partners and partnerships and adopting a coherent systems building approach.
7. Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
8. Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration
- Develop partnerships and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including with local government, international and humanitarian partners, in order to improve access to FP and SRH services within the region.
- Collaborate with the MSK Nairobi Support Office to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability.
- Maintain collaboration with Director of Programmes for effective overall coordination on programmes.
10. Procurement and Logistics Coordination
In liaison with the Procurement and Logistics Department, coordinate all procurement and logistics programs/policies to include: supplies are ordered on time, goods are received as ordered, request for quotations are done, and all procurement policies in general are followed in the respective regions
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in sexual and reproductive health programming.
- Project management experience in the development sector.
- Background/familiarity with the respective regions i.e. Western and Nairobi/Central
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Has good financial management skills and can easily interpret project budget while ensuring financial compliance.
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
- Contributes and tries out innovative approaches and insights.
Marie Stopes Kenya
Due to urgency, applications will be reviewed as they come
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Regional Manager Western or Nairobi / Central’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer