Marie Stopes Kenya – Job in Kisumu KShs : 160K – 180K
Marie Stopes Kenya is the country’s largest specialised sexual reproductive health and family planning organisation. Marie Stopes Kenya provides a wide range of high quality, affordable and client centred sexual and reproductive health services and information to men, women and young people throughout Kenya.
One of our oldest programmes, it sets the gold standard for clinical quality in sexual reproductive health in Kenya via its extensive service network, which covers the whole country.
Marie Stopes Kenya AMUA Deputy Social Franchise Manager Job in Kisumu (KShs 160K – 180K)
Workstation: Kisumu, with regular visits to the field.
Salary Range: Kshs. 160,000 to 180,000 Gross pay
Contract type: Fixed Term up to April 2017 (subject to confirmation after 3 months probation)
Position Objectives: Marie Stopes Kenya
- Deputize the Social Franchise Manager in all AMUA Social Franchise operations in ensuring excellent performance of all franchise activities in accordance with MoPHS, Marie Stopes Kenya and Marie Stopes International standards of clinical services.
- Integrate and coordinate AHME activities into all AMUA franchises and manage partner’s liaisons, including MoH.
- Achieve programme and project objectives as well as all donor(s) deliverables within budgeted time
- Technical support and assistance in relevant project areas like training, equipment provision, and marketing.
- Coordination of team and Franchisee meetings
- Coordination of field team allowances
- Overseeing demand creation activities including CHW strategy
- Managing partners and other stakeholder’s issues
- Coordination of M&E activities and reports in conjunction with M&E department
- Contribute to Business and strategic objectives of the AMUA program, as a member of the management team
- Support team in operational, policy and resource-management issues.
- Take part in staff recruitment, induction and placement
- Team motivation, incentives, reporting systems and disciplinary issues
- Field supervision, facilitation visits
- Skill set building, growth and development of staff
- Innovation and creativity, best practices encouragement in health services delivery
- Appraisal and performance evaluation, reviews and recognition
- M&E: Together with M&E dept, impact evaluation ,client exit interviews, mystery client surveys etc
- Marketing & Demand Creation: Coordinate above and below- the- line communication strategies, IEC/BCCs, special events/campaigns etc
- Quality Technical Assurance: Oversee all aspects of quality maintenance, equipments, supportive supervision, OJ, mentorship etc
- Training: Ensure training in new topics and refresher courses, to AMUA team, franchisees and CHWs.
- Supervise and build up the Amua team
- Ensure that the MoU between Marie Stopes Kenya and franchisees is upheld
- Inform the Amua team and Marie Stopes Kenya support office of any changes or delays to the work plan
- Maintain strong relationships and attend regular meetings with the MoPHS and other national officials
- Liaise and communicate regularly and proactively with Marie Stopes Kenya support office to ensure smooth operations of Amua activities
- Verify/validate team work reports and claims/surrrenders
- Ensure franchisees operate according to the MoU and to Marie Stopes Kenya/Marie Stopes International standards
- Make sure franchisees demonstrate measurable improved quality overtime
- Focus to increase Couple Year Protection and integrated SRH services amongst franchisees and achievement of set franchise targets
- Effective oversight of demand generation activities translating into measurable outputs
- Ensure100% report, record keeping and documentation is done
- Get 100% internal & external clinical audits completed each year
- Facilitate work plans to be followed to the book (unless adequate justification exists)
- Ensure donor requirements, deliverables and expectations are met
- Forge strong AMUA/GoK and stakeholder relationships nationally and regionally.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a Health related field, with experience in managerial roles, business, communication and marketing.
- Over 5 years in management level and team leadership
- Experience in managing a health oriented program
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent spoken and written language
- Skilled in formulation, implementation & control of budgets
- Experience in Family Planning and Sexual Reproductive Health will be an added advantage
- Achievement oriented
- Team spirit and building
- Client focused
- People centered
Marie Stopes Kenya