Marie Stopes Kenya AMUA Social Franchisee Coordinator Job in Homa Bay Kenya
Provide business management support to the Amua franchisees within the designated region.
Job Title: AMUA Franchisee Coordinator
Salary Scale: Contract Type
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Key Responsibilities and Measures
- Identify and recommend solutions to problems in the assigned regions that interfere with franchisee business development, clinical quality and any other Amua objective
- Assist in designing and implementing formal franchisee training for the designated region
- Facilitate forum for direct exchange with peer groups involved in SRH sector and/or social franchising (as part of the agenda of the Social Franchise Network Association of Kenya SFNAK
- Ensure that each franchisee understand AMUA program, goals and protocols, and act on behalf of MSK
- Instill a business-minded spirit throughout the AMUA network within the designated region, driven by excellence in customer service, high quality of clinical care and professional health facility management
- Conduct monthly visits to each franchisee, consisting of a full review of activity and quick business audit (using standard AMUA templates, and auditing client registers)
- Assist each franchisee with operational and logistics needs (notably drugs, equipment, commodities, etc.)
- Assist service providers to identify service or product issues, and identify/propose solutions
- Provide on-site training and support franchisees to correct non-standard practices, and to ensure appropriate data collection (for reporting to MoH and AMUA/MSK)
- Compile the business performance section of the monthly reports for each franchise and for the region- using template for AMUA field report
Promotion & Communication
- Lead the implementation of promotional events (includes Amua Leo) as per the promotion activity plan
- Identify promotion opportunities for the brand AMUA
- Assist each franchisee in identifying promotion opportunities to generate service uptake and new clients
- Measure impact of promotional activities in designated region
- Liaise with MoPHS/DHMT officials in the region as Amua’s GoK partners
- Compile the “promotion activities” section of the monthly reports for each franchise and for the region- using template for AMUA field report
Clinical Quality & Training
- Ensure franchisees adhere to the signed MoU with MSK, notably the clinical quality compliance
- Facilitate and support clinical audits under supervision of MSK Clinical Quality & training Dpt, and ensure that each franchisee gets audited at least twice per year
- Assist the Clinical Quality & Training team in monitoring clinical compliance and quality of franchises
- Report clinical complications immediately as they arise to the Clinical Quality and Training team and ensuring proper documentation (Amua incident report)
- In coordination with the Clinical Quality & Training Dpt, support and coordinate the implementation of Training in specific areas:
(ii) Family planning counseling
(iii) Infection prevention techniques
(iv) Data collection and interpretation for decision making
(v) Improving quality of care (QOC).
(vi) Client reception and handling
(vii) Skills and methods on how to sustain FP services
(viii) Assessing client satisfaction
Skills and Experience
- BSc or Diploma in Health related area, Management Business Administration, or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Experience in community promotion and business management
- Clinical quality assurance experience
- Strong I.T skills
- Must be a competent driver
- 3 years experience in community promotion and project coordination.
Skills: Business, leadership & management, clinical, communication, marketing, capacity building.
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed as they come.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Franchisee Coordinator-Homa Bay’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer