Marie Stopes Kenya AMUA Franchisee Coordinators Jobs in HomaBay, Nairobi and Mombasa (KShs 75K)
Job Title: AMUA Franchisee Coordinators
This position is part of the Program Operations department and reports to the Senior Coordinator Social Franchise.
In particular, this role is one of several Coordinators responsible for coordinating a cluster of private health clinics in the respective region that form part of the AMUA franchise network.
Strategic purpose of the Program Operations Dept: To ensure excellent delivery all MSK programme activities and the development and funding of new work.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver safe abortion, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
This position has the following three key responsibilities:
- Targeted expansion achieved year on year
- Franchisee performance targets (e.g. QTA) achieved pa
- Action taken on poor performance.
- Increased service statistics
The activities include:
- Mapping and Identification of new PPNs, suitable to join the AMUA network and updating MOUs with existing franchisees
- Establish linkages between the PPN with the relevant MOH and CHMT to achieve benefits of PPPs
- Work with other MSK clinics and outreach channel leaders to identify areas of collaboration to ensure synergy across MSK channels.
- Develop appropriate referral linkages between SFs, MSK clinics and outreach teams in the region with clear tracking systems
- Work with other SF networks in the region to ensure coordinated scale up and synergies
- Conduct routine needs assessments to inform the key inputs that will drive performance
- Identify opportunities for franchisee business development and growth and offer appropriate linkages to MSK resources and partners.
- Actively participate during routine donor-related field tours at various franchised clinics
- Ensure that there is strict adherence by franchised clinics to the MOU guidelines and routinely evaluating facilities that are liable for the Franchising as per the regulations set.
- Signed and updated MOUs,
- SF network database,
- performance appraisals against set KPIs,
- Needs assessment reports,
- activity reports, and Referral maps,
- Business plans,
- Field visits reports
The key activities include:
- Support franchised health facilities to achieve QTA scores above 92% on a regular basis
- Collect and submit timely reports on various key indicators and routinely offer feedback to the franchisees
- Keep custody of various documents between MSK and Franchisees including MOUs and audit reports
- Harness MSK’s Quality Assurance resources to undertake, trainings, mentorship and audits at SFs
- Timely reporting on major and minor complications arising within the AMUA SF network
- Schedule and convene cluster meetings for sharing of best practices amongst the SF network and promote synergy with other MSK channels.
- Active participation in design and roll out of various RM&E activities which include exit interviews, assessments and other research work in the AMUA SF network
- Conduct monthly quality checks at each franchised clinics using various Quality tools.
- QTA/IAC reports,
- external QTA reports,
- MoH supportive supervision reports,
- Monthly service statistic reports,
- training reports,
- field reports,
- incidence reports,
- M.A.T minutes,
- M&E feedback analysis, CHW reports
Key activities here include:
- Roll out on a timely manner various franchised health products throughout the AMUA SF network
- Develop innovative health promotion activities that will drive the demand for these heath products
- Conduct OJT to ensure integration of various franchised health products amongst SPs at franchised clinics
- Identify opportunities for linkages and referrals amongst SF, MSK clinics and outreaches on the basket of franchised products
- Generate income from social marketing products sold to SF network on a regular basis
- Collect all relevant monies accruing from the SF network and timely banking the same
- Service statistics,
- Activity reports on promotional activities,
- CHWs database and monthly reports,
- Sales revenue collected and banked from MAOCC products,
- Monthly Financial Reconciliation reports
- BSc or Diploma in Health related area, Management Business Administration, or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Must be a licenced, competent driver
- Clinical quality assurance experience.
- Experience in community promotion and business management
- Strong I.T skills
- Proven experience in community promotion and project coordination.
- Business, leadership & management, clinical, communication, marketing, capacity building
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed as they come.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Franchisee Coordinator- Area interested in’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer