Marie Stopes Job Vacancy in Nairobi : KShs 60K – 70K
Category: Vacancies in Kenya
Posted: Jul 3, 2013
Marie Stopes Kenya Registered Clinical Officer (Anaesthetist) Job Vacancy in Nairobi (KShs 60K – 70K)
Role: Registered Clinical Officer – Anaesthetist
Reports To: Center Manager
Liaises With: Clinical and Business Department.
Duty Station: Eastleigh Nursing Home, Nairobi.
Contract Type: Fixed Term- One year (Subject to renewal)
Gross Salary: Kshs. 60,000 – 70,000
- Deliver local anaesthesia to patients requiring surgery.
- Responsible for monitoring consumption, regular inventory, quantifying and ordering of medical supplies required by the operation theatre.
- Responsible for the maintenance of standard antisepsis in the operation theatre.
- Quantify and promptly order logistical requirements needed for sterilization.
- Responsible for adequate sterilization of re-usable materials in the theatre.
- Ensures proper packing, labelling, and storage of sterile materials, and inventory of supplies in theatre.
- Supervises and monitors activities of other operation theatre team members.
- Prepare sterile field including sponge and needle counts, documenting these on patient records.
- Ensure clean up of operating room following surgery, including proper disposal of used supplies/sharps.
- Carry out counselling of patients on reproductive health issues and other health matters.
- In collaboration with the Centre Manager and Medical Officer, ensure that the centre complies with Marie Stopes Kenya policies and protocols for vocal local, infection prevention and emergency preparedness (including resuscitation).
- Report on operation theatre activities including regular updating of the Operation register book to Center Manager.
- Participate in in-service training of hospital personnel – training plans made and training implemented.
- Participate in training other Support staff and service providers on basic administration of anesthesia and intra operative patient monitoring.
- Ensure resuscitation trolley/tray supplies kept in working order and drugs maintained appropriately.
- Perform pre and post operative assessment of all patients for operation.
- In liaison with the maternity team members, responsible for post operative care on the wards and follow up of discharged surgical/obstetric patients.
- Responsible for monitoring and keeping a record of all of patients and ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Fully participate in planned promotional activities as directed by Centre Manager.
- In liaison with the Center Manager ensure that costs are maintained within the approved targets and income is generated from services offered to clients.
- Take necessary steps to ensure that all centre clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
- Carry out routine client consultations in absence of theatre procedures.
Minimum Academic Qualification
- Diploma in Clinical medicine from a recognised institution.
- Higher Diploma in Anesthesia
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Computer Literate.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees (2 of which should be immediate or former supervisors) should be submitted to:
Marie Stopes Kenya
People and Development Dept
On or before 8th July, 2013
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject as ‘Registered Clinical Officer Anaesthetist’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer