Managing Trustee Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 23, 2013
Vacancy for a Managing Trustee
The Managing Trustee / CEO / Managing Director shall be responsible to the Board of Trustees for the operation and administration of the microfinance on a day-to-day basis while paying attention to:-
- Development of the overall business strategy ranging from customers’ growth, business modeling costs, and risk management.
- Implementation of the Board’s Policy decisions promptly and efficiently to achieve the vision mission goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
- Monitoring and review of business performance and target realization.
- Maintenance of relationship with critical customers and other stake holders
- Ensure 1st class customer service delivery and products through the staff, ICT and continuous service research and innovation.
- Manage functional team performance and management.
- Be on top on economic business regulatory and other related trends to determine potential impact on plans and operations of the organization.
- Forge strategic alliances and partnerships designed to market mutually beneficial and profitable products and services.
- The implementation and adherence to the policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure that functional systems are established to facilitate efficient operations and communication between the Board, management and other staff.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance-driven culture
- Act as a principal spokesperson for the organization and its mission, ensure that products and services are consistently presented in a strong positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Adherence to the established code of conduct
- Ensure the organization compliance with applicable statutory, legal and other regulatory requirements and standards and manage existing and emerging business risks.
- The Managing Trustee shall ensure that the Board of Trustees are frequently and adequately appraised about the operations of the microfinance through presentation of relevant Board papers, which shall cover, but not limited to the following areas:
- Financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual); showing current compared with past period actual performance, the budget compared with the actual and with explanations for any variances
- Capital structure and adequacy
- Delinquent loan list, and in particular growth in loans, loan losses, recoveries and provisioning
- Statement of comprehensive income (monthly, quarterly and annual) comparison with budgeted against actual
- All insider dealings and non-performing insider loans
- Oversee resource mobilization planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching all project financial funding competitively with the right mix of financing
- Funding raising from donors
- Mobilization of equity and debt capital
- Reports on violation of the Act, these regulations and any other applicable law, and remedial actions taken to comply
- Large risk exposures, investment portfolio, any regulatory reports, and internal reports and any other relevant areas to the MFI operations
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Organizing, attending and ensuring Board Members are well equipped for the meetings.
- Advising the Board on technical issues including regulatory and other statutory requirements.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Board of Trustees either directly or through the various Board Committees.
Minimum Job Specifications:
- A minimum qualification of relevant masters degree from a recognized university, with good understanding of financial matters preferably in a banking / financial institution.
- Specific experience in micro finance group lending of over five (5) years
- Management of a loan book in excess of KShs 500 Million
- Hands on experience in debt collection
- Must be of impeccable character and integrity.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, communication, interpersonal, networking analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to work within timelines and proven track record of achievement
- Must have exceptional computer skills.
- Strong Analytical and presentation skills.
- Not less than 35 years.
- Strong report / proposal writing skills.
- Experience in working in low income and disadvantaged groups.
- Must be willing to work in slum areas.
To apply please contacts us at Deepvalue Advisory Services [email protected] on or before December 27, 2013